sw1ive
Mar-23-2013, 14:52
O.K.
Its time to buy TRACKIR

I want to buy TRACKIR5...

I see here...
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

What of TRACKIR5 I NEED ???
TrackIR 5 plus Trackclip pro (at the left)
or
Trackir5(at the cender)

What is TrackClip Pro ???
which page to prefer to shop from europe ???

Well well well I dreaming my TRACKIR...

ATAG_Septic
Mar-23-2013, 15:25
What of TRACKIR5 I NEED ???
TrackIR 5 plus Trackclip pro (at the left)
or
Trackir5(at the cender)

What is TrackClip Pro ???

Hi sw1live,

The pro-clip is three led lights that clip to your headphones. It is very fragile but still works fine held together with gaffer tape. The basic clip works fine too, it is designed to clip on a baseball type cap but it can be modified.

Hope this is helpful.

Septic.

vranac
Mar-23-2013, 20:59
If you are familliar with soldering iron ( beginner ) you can try Freetrack.

Works good as TrackIR.

ATAG_Freya
Mar-23-2013, 22:21
If you are familliar with soldering iron ( beginner ) you can try Freetrack

I didn't even use soldering when building my freetrack and it works just fine! But I agree with Vranac, freetrack is a great alternative and a whole lot cheaper than TrackIR. But to each his own!

vranac
Mar-24-2013, 09:26
Yes it can be done with reflective clip or cap model but I don't know which camera to recommend now.
A4-Tech PK-333mb and MSI i370 was very good but I think you can't buy them any more.

There are lot of generic cams with IR LEDs but the drivers may cause the problem.

sw1ive
Mar-24-2013, 21:22
The pro-clip is three led lights that clip to your headphones. It is very fragile but still works fine held together with gaffer tape. The basic clip works fine too, it is designed to clip on a baseball type cap but it can be modified.

Hope this is helpful.

Septic.

I see...

Clip Pro is extra leds,
I saw it on youtube-videos

and base clip is for baseball cap,
I saw it on youtube-videos

I dont like the idea of ​​wearing
a baseball cap at the time of IL-2

so I will buy TrackIR plus Pro Clip

Thanks this was very helpful...

EG14_Marcast
Mar-25-2013, 10:13
I have both, and I feel much better with base clip. You have to set Track Clip Pro on the left side of your headphone, so it limits your left visual movement as when you lean your head to the left, the camera doesn't see the leds any more because they are covered by your face. With base clip you have the same visual range on both sides.

Wolfskid
Mar-26-2013, 13:56
The BEST Thing you can buy it.....

I have TrackIR 3.......

And i wouldnt without it.....whaa:ilike:

Wolfskid

buster_dee
Mar-31-2013, 09:26
You forget the cap is on--so much so that you end up in the grocery store with it, making new "friends."

Ok, so it hasn't actually happened to me, but I can't tell you how many times it made it as far as the front door.

Way back in the TrackIR "1" days, I got fed up with low sensitivity of early model and rigged an LED onto my headset myself. It worked great, but I was glad to get rid of the extra bits when the next version came out; my concoction made me feel like The Predator.