PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a rookie!

Chuck_Owl
Mar-24-2013, 00:02
Hello everyone!

My name's Charles (my buddies usually call me Chuck) and I'm from Montreal (Canada). I'm a new guy here and I hope I can fly alongside the ATAG community and learn a couple of tricks about flying!

I'm in my early twenties, about to graduate in aerospace engineering. I've developped a strong interest for the flight simulation world in the last 2 years, especially with the IL-2 1946 and the DCS series. CloD made my computer cough blood, but I intend to upgrade it in a few weeks. I haven't had much time (if any) to learn as much as I want about dogfighting and (especially) engine management (I'm amazed at the amount of information these sims have about how the aircraft actually works!), so I hope I'll have more time once I'm done with university. Just a few more weeks! Yikes!

About me, well... I flew a couple of hours on FSX with the A2A Spit, P40 and P47 and with the DCS P51-D. I never really tried multiplayer because I'm just too scared to be shot down on the spot. This fear came from my early days of flying, while playing Rise of Flight with my trusty Sopwith Camel (which is a really tough beast to tame). I would literally get shot down from god-knows-where in a matter of seconds, which kind of discouraged me to fly online. Defeat is just so brutal when inflicted by an experienced pilot! :bsign: I want to overcome that fear by flying with other people who can teach me, and that can watch my six so I can watch theirs. I'm not especially good at flying, but I'm a team player at heart. I just hope I've reached the good place for that. :D

Other than that, I come here to learn and I hope there's a little place for a rookie like me.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-24-2013, 00:17
Hi Chuck,

You came to the right place. Just install Teamspeak and join us in our public server. Any one from ATAG will gladly give you a hand!

:salute:
ATAG_Colander.

Injerin
Mar-24-2013, 01:54
Chuck,

First off welcome! If you ever need any help and you see me on-line don't be afraid to ask.

Chuck_Owl
Mar-24-2013, 02:11
Thank you both for your kind words, I appreciate it!

I'll probably have a metric ton of questions about the Spit, my all-time favorite fighter.

Injerin
Mar-24-2013, 04:49
:) no prob!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2013, 07:30
Hi Chuck, let me join the others in welcoming you to the forum. :D

You'll find a lot of fellow Canucks here; I was born and raised in Montreal (Longueuil & Greenfield Park). As the others have said, be sure to grab Teamspeak 3 and install it and procure a cheap microphone. We're a friendly bunch and glad to have new folks joining us online. We'll have you up to speed in your shiny new Spit in no time! :thumbsup:

:)

Chuck_Owl
Mar-24-2013, 10:24
I was born in Greenfield Park as well and raised in Boucherville... le monde est petit!

Thanks for the welcome, Snapper, I appreciate it!

I/JG53_Friedric
Mar-25-2013, 11:40
Chuck,

Welcome , you find some nice helpfull guys here , hup on ATAG_TS and a helpfull hand is there some where .

Greetings