PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix for AI planes not taking off - OUTDATED

ATAG_Colander
Mar-24-2013, 20:03
THIS IS NOW OUTDATED. DO NOT INSTALL THIS HOTFIX OVER THE LATEST TF VERSION.

The post bellow is for historic reference only.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All,

We have detected that having .NET 4.5 installed breaks the ability of AI planes to take off in single player missions.
If you do not have this issue or don't play single player missions where the AI planes need to take off, you do not need to install this hotfix.

To install this hotfix:
- Make sure you have "Team Fusion V1 (3.0)" installed.
- Download it from here https://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJocHBERnc1UjdvS3NUQw
- Extract the "maddox.dll" from the zip file and replace the one under "parts\core" on your install directory (normally "...\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core") with this one.

After doing this, the AI planes should take off again.

Thanks for your patience,
TF.

trademe900
Mar-24-2013, 23:48
great to see effort made to sort out ai.

Thanks.

ram0506
Mar-25-2013, 06:06
Great work, as always! Thx!

Hessle
Mar-25-2013, 06:28
Cheers Colander, I am also glad to see some work being done on the AI. TY

il_corleone
Mar-25-2013, 07:47
Thanks TF team! this will help a lot the Sp players,!

Vencejo
Mar-25-2013, 11:12
Thank you Fusion Team :thumbsup:

MikiBzh
Mar-25-2013, 13:51
Outstanding chaps !

Thank you very much for your help, no words.

nightseye
Mar-25-2013, 15:37
Thank you so much! I can now get stuck in at last. This is awesome!

stakenyf
Mar-27-2013, 10:58
Thank you!

LcSummers
Mar-30-2013, 06:49
Thank you!!

Great to have such support!!:)

Blitzen
Apr-02-2013, 12:23
Download site is being difficult....:grrr:

HurricaneHarvest
Apr-03-2013, 01:27
I've downloaded the patch 3.00 but haven't installed it yet, mainly because I couldn't see much benefit for an offline only player (plus concerned about problems).

Any change the AI being looked at next time ? No more barrel-rolls as first evasion response to all fighters .. and some bombers.

Thanks

H.H.

Uwe
Apr-03-2013, 02:14
I've downloaded the patch 3.00 but haven't installed it yet, mainly because I couldn't see much benefit for an offline only player (plus concerned about problems).

Any change the AI being looked at next time ? No more barrel-rolls as first evasion response to all fighters .. and some bombers.

Thanks

H.H.

90% offline player here so I know what you mean.
But realistically what do you have to loose? Not a dang thing!.
Honestly the AI isn't as bad as we think. Maddox, true to form, screwed the pooch on how it was implemented upon release but it can be made to perform rather well.
Play through heinkill's BoB campaign redux with adjusted AI and you'll see what I mean. Its all about how you adjust the AI.

Radio commands are still wonky but eh, thats not even the biggest deal for us.

Its all about the FM. And the FM in this patch makes the install worthwhile all on its own. Not to mention that TF has demonstrated that they are going t be around supporting this for a while. This can really only get better.

They are focused on online play true-but we benifit as well. I have no doubt they will get around to working on AI and radio coms but there are bigger fish to fry even now.

TheVino3
Apr-03-2013, 02:35
In a game like CloD, you cant really have a "focus" on multiplayer or singleplayer. What happens to one will affect the other equally as much in most cases (i.e. apart from things like making contrails appear to other players etc)
So there is really equally as much benefit to offline players as there is to online players - if you read through the changes list you'll see what I mean.

HurricaneHarvest
Apr-09-2013, 02:36
What i really need is how I can mod the AI, some planes are just broken - ie Defiant.

HH.

No1_Jacko
Oct-06-2014, 15:00
I tried to make a single player mission to act as a wingman for formation takeoff and guess what the AI leader just sat on the takeoff point. I tried the hotfix but its did not work. Is there a sloution around

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-06-2014, 15:55
Jacko and evryone else who comes read this thread that hotfix was for first version of the MOD, ie 3.0. Now its on version 4.312... so. you trying to apply a outdated solution.

If AI doesnt want to take off try this: Press your key for autopilot and leave it enabled until your plane gets airborne, or just disable autopilot on the take off run. The AI should be following you.

Hope this helps. S!

No1_Jacko
Oct-06-2014, 16:49
Thanks ATAG_Lolsav I did not do any damage using the fix as I backed up the file and it is back to normal.

I managed to get the AI to run by turning No AI control of in the realism settings then tapped the Auto pilot button twice to trick the AI to move and recover the control of my own aircraft

Cheers
Jacko