PDA

View Full Version : 109E4's

TMAN
Mar-25-2013, 12:53
I can not get the 109e4 to exceed 300kmh level flight this is roughly 186 mph this just isn't right if played with my trim and my rads what am i doing wrong here this plane should be averaging speeds of 400kmh at least from everything I've read is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

ATAG_Colander
Mar-25-2013, 12:58
Hi TMAN,

I bet you are having problems with the auto prop pitch.
Try this:
- Turn auto PP off
- change the PP manually. You only need to give it a touch.
- Turn Auto back on.

ATAG_Colander.

TMAN
Mar-25-2013, 13:35
i have done that as well I've turned it on and off and on 20 times my last flight and moved it manually a around to see if it would get working but nothing. Anything else possibly?

ATAG_Lolsav
Mar-25-2013, 14:55
Psst.. open your oil radiator. Yellow knob on the left. Adjust it between 30 and 50%. If you dont open that you wont achieve speed above 300.

TMAN
Mar-25-2013, 21:22
lol Lolsav if i wasn't opening my oil rad i think id be having other engine problems =P but ive tried changing how open it is and how closed hasn't effected it i also always thought that water rad would produce more drag than oil rad any day.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-25-2013, 22:17
Probably a dumb question, but is your gear up?

TMAN
Mar-25-2013, 23:45
Lol yes sir it has to be something with the auto pitch because if i fly it manually it flys average speeds something bugged with the auto like i said before i turn it off and on a few times adjusting my prop but the plane still never reaches average speeds.

Edit i played with it quite a bit today and was able to fix my issue. Thank you all for your help.

Ivank
Mar-26-2013, 06:50
AUTO is only of any real use with full throttle. It targets 2400RPM in the E4 and 2600RPM in the E4N. At any other lesser throttle position it will target some other RPM that may not be want you really want.

In general use use manual anytime you want less than full throttle. Entering combat AUTO is invaluable as it will protect you from engine overspeed.

Some notes on AUTO

AUTO USE E4
AUTO mode is essentially an Automatic Constant Speed Unit where desired RPM is automatically set as a function of Throttle position not Pilot selection. Below FTH Throttle position will provide a specific ATA. Auto will protect you against Engine over speed.
AUTO prop pitch on the E4's will provide almost identical performance at 5Min and 1min ratings as you can achieve in manual. it is
only tuned to accurately work with full throttle. i.e. Full throttle means target 2400RPM E4 (2600RPM E4N).At lesser than full throttle settings it will target a lower RPM however this schedule is not in line with the references we have.
In general you are better flying in Manual until combat commences. Select AUTO on entering combat to reduce workload.
There's nothing to stop you switching between AUTO and Manual as required.

Gromit
Apr-01-2013, 13:41
What alt is this at?, just thinking your confusing indicated speed with true air speed?

DK_
Apr-01-2013, 18:14
Assuming your props, flaps and gear are set correctly I think you may have a controller problem. Are you sure you are getting 100%? You may only be getting 35% throttle with that kind of speed if props flaps and gear are all correct.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-01-2013, 20:27
Lol yes sir it has to be something with the auto pitch because if i fly it manually it flys average speeds something bugged with the auto like i said before i turn it off and on a few times adjusting my prop but the plane still never reaches average speeds.

Edit i played with it quite a bit today and was able to fix my issue. Thank you all for your help.

He fixed the issue already guys.