PDA

View Full Version : AI bombers so high that they make contrails?

Oersted
Mar-25-2013, 19:19
I've been yearning to encounter high-flying AI bomber groups trailing contrails, but haven't come across them yet. Are they in the server? There really should be lots of them now we have the effect! Another question: can the contrails be seen from the grounz? Would be fantastic (and realistic) if thst were the case.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Mar-25-2013, 20:03
as far as I know the 2 maps in rotation don't have high alt ai bombers, just the standard 3800-4200m groups. Now that the mod is out I am sure they have some time to make some maps, add stuff, etc.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2013, 20:09
Hi Soren,

The highest I've seen bombers (both sides) on our server missions is 20 angels, about 3000 feet below the contrail zone.

I don't believe at present you can see contrails from the ground. I agree it would be very cool. :thumbsup:

I can say that dogfighting in the contrail layer is quite breathtaking. You certainly get the full feeling of speed, and it's quite unnerving to see two contrails rapidly turning course towards you, then splitting.....

The lattice-work of intertwining contrails is mind blowing, too. A real spatial, 3D effect is quickly generated as you carefully maneuvre so as not to bleed off too much e, or worse -- stall.

ATAG_Slipstream
Mar-25-2013, 20:46
You can actually see the contrails from the ground!

ATAG_Keller flew his 109 over an airfield I was sat on while we were testing. There was no-one else on the server, and I could clearly see a very thin white line passing overhead and arch as he changed direction. It wasn't visible for more than a minute or two, but it was there. I have a screenshot somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

Needless to say, we were like a pair of kids laughing away on TS in disbelief!

ATAG_Slipstream
Mar-25-2013, 20:57
Found it!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2013, 20:57
You can actually see the contrails from the ground!

ATAG_Keller flew his 109 over an airfield I was sat on while we were testing. There was no-one else on the server, and I could clearly see a very thin white line passing overhead and arch as he changed direction. It wasn't visible for more than a minute or two, but it was there. I have a screenshot somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

Needless to say, we were like a pair of kids laughing away on TS in disbelief!

I just need to look a little harder! :beaten: LOL

This is very cool! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2013, 21:14
Found it!

I stand corrected, sir! :-)

That is very, very cool. It would be neat to see a bomber stream producing these overhead, or a huge furball with a dozen or more fighters mixing it up! :thumbsup:

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-25-2013, 22:52
From the ground, looking 7200m up.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Mar-26-2013, 05:55

wowee wowee

Time for missions to be updated ;)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-26-2013, 06:47

That is awesome!!!!! I can just imagine sitting in my cockpit warming up the engine watching those things approach! :stunned:

Oersted
Mar-26-2013, 12:08
Yes yes yes, missions must be updated, we need to see this!! It is a main selling point of the patch and I have a frightful urge to make bomber intercept
Movies with this effect. Pls change the few numbers needed in the server missions! Pant pant uurrrggghhhhrrr