PDA

View Full Version : XFX HD 7870 Black Edition DD

Continu0
Mar-26-2013, 09:48
Hi all!

I am thinking about buying the XFX HD 7870 Black Edition DD.

Does anyone use this Grapics-Card? If yes, yould you recommend it? Or does anyone have the normal HD 7870?
What are your experiences? Does CloD run well with it? (I am going to run it on 1920x1200)...

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences!

Salute, Continu0

thee_oddball
Mar-26-2013, 17:58
Hi all!

I am thinking about buying the XFX HD 7870 Black Edition DD.

Does anyone use this Grapics-Card? If yes, yould you recommend it? Or does anyone have the normal HD 7870?
What are your experiences? Does CloD run well with it? (I am going to run it on 1920x1200)...

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences!

Salute, Continu0

tobe honest the best thing you can do is type "XFX HD 7870 Black Edition review" into google and start reading :)

Continu0
Mar-26-2013, 18:42
Well, I did and it sounds pretty good... The thing we all know is just: CloD is not a normal game... so I`d like to hear some experiences with CloD:-)

ATAG_JTDawg
Mar-26-2013, 21:22
i run 2 xfx 6870 black editions , in crossfire mode , an run the game with very good fps. i'm looking at those myself , an think you will be happy with them :thumbsup: an i run 1920 by 1080 ,

Larx
Mar-27-2013, 22:10
I have the 7700 xfx HD black (the factory overclocked one) with an I5 2500k . With all settings maxed out COD plays good but I some of the gauges aren't smooth and the control stick has some lag in it graphically ( unless that's normal in this game im new to it) . My card can handle a lot of games with high settings. I play Arma 3 on it it and it looks great. DCS a10c looks great. Planet side 2 looks great. In big games my view distance is usually limited to about 75%. With overall graphics set to about 85%. And the 7870 card is 170 more than mine so it should be good:thumbsup:

Continu0
Mar-28-2013, 03:06
some of the gauges aren't smooth and the control stick has some lag in it graphically ( unless that's normal in this game im new to it) . My card can handle a lot of games with high settings. I play Arma 3 on it it and it looks great. DCS a10c looks great. Planet side 2 looks great. In big games my view distance is usually limited to about 75%. With overall graphics set to about 85%. And the 7870 card is 170 more than mine so it should be good:thumbsup:

I think the gauges should be like that. As your plane is shaking etc., they are jumping around. As with the stick, this is a known problem of the game, so it`s nothing about your grapics card.

What do you mean by 75% view distance? How does that affect the gameplay?

But thank you for your encouraging report!

EDIT: For those who are interestet. I bought the card and can recommend it. Good price, by the time i bought i got 2 free games via steam. CloD does play pretty well on more or less highest settings. Buildings-Details for example are reduced. But those things you have to turn down to have a absolutely stutter-free performance are insignificant and you won`t see any effect. To sum up: good card, would buy it again!