PDA

View Full Version : New Skins Folders

FAE_Cazador
Mar-26-2013, 15:29
Hi, I remember having read in this forum that 3 new subfolders of the "Skins" folder in the main game directory had to be created for the new planes in the patch, the E-4/N and the Hurri DH-5/20 and Spit MKI 100 octanes, but I cannot find the post, even trying the forum search tool. Could you please write the correct full name of these new folders?.

Do we have to create them as well in the /Users/....../Skins/ folder? I assume that the skins of the normal E-4, Spit MkI and Hurri dh5/20 87 octanes will have to be dropped inside, will they?

I believe this info should be sticked, too, or added to the Readme.

Thanks in advance.

FAE_Cazador
Mar-27-2013, 17:21
Bump

No answers?

1lokos
Mar-27-2013, 20:32
This?

..:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes\Skins\Bf-109E-4N

Sokol1

Uwe
Mar-27-2013, 23:45
Not to thread jack but I want to replace the default skins for the Spit/Hurri 100 octane variants, where are they located? Also if someone could point me to the location of the British roundels used by the game Id appreciate it!

1lokos
Mar-28-2013, 00:07
Here 8 different in this folder, in Spitfire MkI, MKIa, MKIIa folders.

...:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\PaintSchemes\Skins

Sokol1

Uwe
Mar-28-2013, 02:32
Yes but they do not contain the markings or default skins for the aircraft.
If you want a 109E4 of JG2 to be bright pink its easy, go to the root game folder, delete the JG2 skin in the E4 folder and replace it with a 2048x2048 pink square in jpg and you will see bright pink 109s.
Spits/hurris dont seem to be the same. Default skins are not actually in the skin folder.

FAE_Cazador
Mar-28-2013, 06:12
Thanks 1okos, and the name of the skin folder of 100 octanes Spit MkI and Hurricane DH5-20?

@Uwe, as far as I know the My Documents....../skins/xxxxx folders only contain skins added manually by user, either painted by himself or dropped in by campaigns or missions dowloaded and installed by you. Stock skins are stored in steamapps/commonn/......../skins folder. And the Default skin for every plane is stored in the coded main files of the Sim, not accesible to be modified. Am I right?

Uwe
Mar-28-2013, 11:43
I don't know that's why I asked, but it sounds right.
Now nothing is really inaccessible, so where are they and what programs access them?

Robo.
Mar-29-2013, 07:39
The skin folder names for the new aircraft are as follows:

SpitfireMkIa_100oct

Bf-109E-4N
HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
SpitfireMkI_100oct

The E-4/N is already included in the TF patch, but the Mk.Ia Spitfire was missing in the last official 1c patch and so are the new RAF planes.

Uwe
Mar-30-2013, 16:30
Ya, but...
Where are the "Default" skins for these aircraft?
For the 109E you just swap out what you want into the main paintscheme folder. That's how we were all getting hakenkreutz in the stock game before.

The 109s also have data directing which marking is used and where it is placed in the skin folder. The spits/Hurri's do not.

That is the info that I would particularly appreciate having. Dont understand why its there for the 109 but not spit/hurri?

Robo.
Mar-31-2013, 03:24
Ya, but...
Where are the "Default" skins for these aircraft?
For the 109E you just swap out what you want into the main paintscheme folder. That's how we were all getting hakenkreutz in the stock game before.

The 109s also have data directing which marking is used and where it is placed in the skin folder. The spits/Hurri's do not.

That is the info that I would particularly appreciate having. Dont understand why its there for the 109 but not spit/hurri?

The RAF used pretty much the same camouflage and markings on all aircraft in all units, the LW Jagdgeschwaders though used more complicated marking schemes including different coulours for different Gruppen and even the base camouflages altered from unit to unit. The default skins for all planes are hardcoded, the British aircraft only have a few custom skins as the only differences would be A or B scheme of the camouflage and the underside colour, the 109s are more complicated to model and you have more custom skins based on actual units.

Uwe
Mar-31-2013, 04:27
The RAF used pretty much the same camouflage and markings on all aircraft in all units, the LW Jagdgeschwaders though used more complicated marking schemes including different coulours for different Gruppen and even the base camouflages altered from unit to unit. The default skins for all planes are hardcoded, the British aircraft only have a few custom skins as the only differences would be A or B scheme of the camouflage and the underside colour, the 109s are more complicated to model and you have more custom skins based on actual units.

Yes I understand this Robo but again, Id like to know where they are kept. Changes need to be made at my end.

Robo.
Mar-31-2013, 06:02
Yes I understand this Robo but again, Id like to know where they are kept. Changes need to be made at my end.

Oh sorry, I got confused as you already mentioned it - they are in the CloD root folder in steam including the *.mrk files. The RAF only have default skins and default *.mrk files which are hard coded for the default skin and all other skins. The default skin for the 109s is also hardcoded, but you're not using it if you select any particular unit that has its own default skin.

FAE_Cazador
Mar-31-2013, 12:49
The skin folder names for the new aircraft are as follows:

SpitfireMkIa_100oct
Bf-109E-4N
HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
SpitfireMkI_100oct

The E-4/N is already included in the TF patch, but the Mk.Ia Spitfire was missing in the last official 1c patch and so are the new RAF planes.

Thanks Robo! , that's what I wanted.

@ Moderators: I believe this info should be added to the Readme of the TF 3.0 Mod.

Uwe
Mar-31-2013, 14:42
Oh sorry, I got confused as you already mentioned it - they are in the CloD root folder in steam including the *.mrk files. The RAF only have default skins and default *.mrk files which are hard coded for the default skin and all other skins. The default skin for the 109s is also hardcoded, but you're not using it if you select any particular unit that has its own default skin.

What is the file path for the hardcoded skins/.mrk files.

Robo.
Mar-31-2013, 18:07
What is the file path for the hardcoded skins/.mrk files.

Well, they are hardcoded (inaccessible in the *.sfs files), so there is no path I am afraid. You might get them via kegetys dump function.

FAE_Cazador - you're welcome mate, the missing folders will be certainly added to the second TF release. Good idea with the readme for now though :thumbsup:

DK_
Mar-04-2015, 13:00
;)

Roblex
Mar-04-2015, 13:37
If you have a new skin for the Hurri (100) you will need a folder for that as well because it wont exist by default. That is HurricaneMkI_100oct i discovered this while trying to use the skin you see in my signature :D

If you are ever unsure what the correct folder name needs to be then look in User.ini to see what name is used for the gun loadout section.