PDA

View Full Version : Recording tracks at low res

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-27-2013, 13:00
Quick question: Is it possible to record a trk in low res (for playability sake), but then play it back at high res for movie making?

Mysticpuma
Mar-27-2013, 13:16
Quick reply; Yes

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-27-2013, 17:25
Thanks! :)

Continu0
Mar-27-2013, 18:34
to get more fps, you can also record the track with (e.g.) fraps while playing it slowed down. After that you can adjust the speed with a moviemaking programm.

negative side here: Soundtrack needs to be recorded while playing the track in realtime because you lose the sound when slowing the track down...

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-28-2013, 11:45
Quick question: Is it possible to record a trk in low res (for playability sake), but then play it back at high res for movie making?

Just remember to do the dot net and dx fixes every time you change the resolution or video settings. I actually have a 16:10 monitor aspect ratio but when I go to film from a track I drop it to 1920x1080 (16:9) for filming so that I don't have to crop it in my editor as well.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2013, 12:16
to get more fps, you can also record the track with (e.g.) fraps while playing it slowed down. After that you can adjust the speed with a moviemaking programm.

negative side here: Soundtrack needs to be recorded while playing the track in realtime because you lose the sound when slowing the track down...

Thanks, Continuo. I'll try some short experimental recordings to try this technique out. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2013, 12:18
Just remember to do the dot net and dx fixes every time you change the resolution or video settings. I actually have a 16:10 monitor aspect ratio but when I go to film from a track I drop it to 1920x1080 (16:9) for filming so that I don't have to crop it in my editor as well.

Hmmm, good point. It certainly can't hurt. Although I periodically do this, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make this a regular routine per your suggestion. Clod works very well on my PC, but we all know she can be a finicky beast!