PDA

View Full Version : ACM practice

Xcom
Mar-27-2013, 14:33
I'd like to know if there are any dogfighting practice sessions?
I'm still figuring out how to dogfight here, much diffrent than in 1946.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-27-2013, 15:51
The best way to practice is to get shot down repeatedly.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-27-2013, 16:00
The best way to practice is to get shot down repeatedly.

:) That's how I learned to DF (or better yet, to not dog fight)

Xcom
Mar-27-2013, 17:01
Yeah that would be a good way :D
Problem is, there are no servers for quick dogfighting, mainly theres the ATAG server with the big map.

Is there a night that ATAG open a dogfight server or something in that sorts?

Ohms
Mar-27-2013, 17:08
I think ACG have a dogfight server with a small map.

AKA_Knutsac
Mar-28-2013, 19:58
If you fly Allied, just join the ATAG server and take off from Hawkinge, a 109 will provide a "lesson" in short order. Seriously though, it's tough for rookies and those less gifted (myself included) online because there are some phenomenal pilots around. Just keep plugging away (and stay out of the furballs).

Good luck,

AKA Knutsac

ATAG_Torian
Mar-29-2013, 23:51
If u are familiar with the FMB u could create ur own DF scenario on a map with some AI of whatever level u want. Obviously fighting real pilots is different from fighting AI but u will get a handle on the basics of engine management, and what each plane type is and isn't capable of. Other than that, jump into a fighter and cruse over at about 10,000ft to the enemy's forward bases and u will more than likely find a playmate. Lone wolfing however is usually a very short lived enterprise. Better if u can get on Teamspeak and join a raiding party. Teaming up with more experienced pilots is a good way to learn the FM characteristics and optimal way to fly your plane in a given situation. There is a big learning curve but the enjoyment curve matches it.

Osprey
Apr-04-2013, 10:16
ACG do have a small map with icons and airstart (optional) and occasionally people are in it ;) It is called ACG Storm of War Dogfights. If people are online then jump in, if not go to where the people are, but it's always worth trying different servers.

Personally I recommend joining a squadron, since you are allied I would look at No.401 "City of Winnipeg" Squadron for Hurricanes or 92Sqn for Spitfires because both support that North American timezones and are involved with various bits n bobs online. Look in the recruitment forum here or at 1C banana forums for details.

Best of luck
~S~

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-09-2013, 08:08
I haven't seen the other practive server up lately Osprey but it is good practice when it is.

Xcom, what you can do is what Torian suggested and practice missions as your own server and invite a few players (password) or single player and smarten up your AI opponents by making then veteren's or ace's from the default of dumbass. Anytime I want to feel good I'll run a quick Cross & Roundell session and take an E4 with M-geschoss in the canons and uncheck realistic gunnery. :) Amazing what you can do to a flight of Blennies:thumbsup:

Really though, you can adjust those missons in the FMB and tailor them to whatever you want to practice.