PDA

View Full Version : Joystick stopped working!?!?!?!

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Mar-27-2013, 23:48
Hi all,

Kiwi again, with help needed. :grrr:

All of a sudden the game does not recogonise my G940 setup?!?!

Had a flight, all working fine. Next time I loaded up...nothing. It is all working fine in other games and in Windows, but not in CLOD TF 3.0.

In the controls set up the joystick, throttle and pedals just dont work. if I try and re-map the elevator for example, it does re-bind the axis. but the green bars that depict movement show nothing!

Has anyone else had this?

Please help as I was wanting to fly my easter away....:(

Kiwi

ATAG_Torian
Mar-28-2013, 05:45
I haven't had that issue b4 (don't have a G940 either). Have u tried removing from usb, reboot and try different usb ? If all else fails try a complete reinstall of the game from Steam and then re-apply TF patch. Clutching at straws but anything is worth a try I guess.

Mar-28-2013, 06:26
Cheers Torian...in the process of doing all that now. :salute:.....plus for-filling work commitments whaa

vranac
Mar-28-2013, 06:28
Is your keyboard working ?

You could post part of your confUser.ini file C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

[HotKey BOB]

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2013, 06:57
Sometimes when I have ALT TAB'd out of Clod to, say, adjust volume on Teamspeak (or whatever) I will find that none of my controls work (Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Air Combat Rudder Pedals) when I ALT TAB back in. Very disconcerting when actually in flight! Fortunately, when I quickly ALT TAB out again, then promptly ALT TAB back in I'll find complete control has been restored. Weird. :P

Mar-28-2013, 17:41
Ok. Im back on trouble shooting. Have not done much. Just tried different USB slots etc.

But the other thing I have noticed is that my ingame screen windows have reset to default....not my doing? Is the game getting confused and using the wrong config files?

Kiwi

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-28-2013, 17:46
Did you recently turn off Steam Cloud?

Mar-28-2013, 17:49
No, and its still enabled. Im looking at both MOD and stanadard CLOD configs and I think they have reset to default

Mar-28-2013, 18:06
SO I validated my steam local files. Two needed updating.

Now my TF 3.0 launch icon is not working.

Ummmmmm help!

Mar-28-2013, 18:50
SO I validated my steam local files. Two needed updating.

Now my TF 3.0 launch icon is not working.

Ummmmmm help!

Ok, I see that I actually uninstalled my TF 3.0.

Re-installed now. copied my backup config files.

Still no joy with my joystick etc.. Will un-install it and take it from there

Mar-29-2013, 04:14
Ok, back flying

Not sure what caused it...maybe steam. All my settings, controls and graphics had reset themselves. Ended up re mapping everything

Kiwi :doh:

vranac
Mar-29-2013, 06:03
When you set everything up again, copy your conf.ini , confUser.ini and user.ini somewhere safe and keep it like backup.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-29-2013, 20:33
When you set everything up again, copy your conf.ini , confUser.ini and user.ini somewhere safe and keep it like backup.

Or better yet, do a "save as" and name your joystick settings to something other than confuser.ini so Steam can't touch it.

ATAG_Torian
Mar-29-2013, 23:02
Glad it's all working again.

Definition of "Technology".....something that almost works well.