PDA

View Full Version : Hello and stuff!

VF111Sundowner
Mar-28-2013, 15:29
I am extremly new to ClOD, (as in only installed it last week.)
But it is the most current with Team Fusion patch added.

I am in awe of the sheer awesomeness of the graphics. (it currently runs at 10-15 fps over london at Med detail levels) But I have ordered Nvidia GTX 670 to remedy that situation.

I am building a sim pit, to play my IL-2 1946 and IL-2 ClOD in out of an old Navion cockpit. (gonna have a bunch of buttons and switches)

I have been researching online and have come across many youtube videos from here. I originally wanted to just fly offline but the videos have got me excited about playing online.

Any suggestions to make for online play,(other then a voice communication.) I plan to get track IR anyway. But any other little frequently over looked things?

Thanks.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-28-2013, 15:41
Hi Sundowner,

Welcome to the forum.

Off the top of my head I agree with you, voice comms, track IR, new GPU and chocks away!

Septic.

Flanker35M
Mar-29-2013, 07:03
S!

Welcome! On ATAG TeamSpeak you get advice very fast from the friendly chaps there if you need to ask anything. Online is fun even getting shot down a lot :D

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-29-2013, 08:37
Hi Sundowner and welcome to the forum. :salute:

+1 to the excellent suggestions already given. With the Team Fusion patch we've had an influx of new players, and it's been a real pleasure getting everyone up to steam on the server. Many like yourself are coming over from IL2 1946, so the transition has been very smooth. Although you don't say, Win 7 64-bit and 6 gigs of RAM are good to have to complement your new video card. My CPU is an old i7 920 @2.67 MHz and does amazingly well at full settings with 12 Gigs RAM and a 680 2 Gig card.

We look forward to seeing you on the server! :thumbsup: