PDA

View Full Version : Big stuttering

Xcom
Mar-29-2013, 10:43
I'm getting very bad stuttering after 20 minutes of play. Everything works great and all of a sudden everything is stuttering bad, I tried reducing the graphics but its the same.

Anyone ever encountered this issue?

Specs-
I5 2500k @ 4.2ghz
4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz
HD 6870 1gb

Much appreciate any help

III./ZG76_Saipan
Mar-29-2013, 10:49
whats the temp of your vcard?

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-29-2013, 11:32
Have you tried this, Xcom? http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806

I run this on a regular basis to keep things smooth, especially after changing any settings.

Xcom
Mar-29-2013, 19:12
Hey, thanks for the responses!

saipan, I check the temp, it's usualy around 60C.
Snapper, I forgot to mention that I'm running win 8, theres no .NET framework 4 in the programs and features, I think it's implimented in the win8 already.

Mastiff
Mar-29-2013, 21:09
Win8= not a very friendly gaming OS...

it locks the document folders to readme only....

DK_
Mar-30-2013, 11:35
I know that on my system if anti virus starts it's scan it will cause terrible game performance. If yours is happening every 20 minutes it may not be anti virus but maybe disable and see if it helps.

con3para
Mar-31-2013, 21:23
Turn down all to low and then work your way up , AAx2 only , land shades low , land low , buildings low , rest high for me , try that ,

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-31-2013, 21:31
Win8= not a very friendly gaming OS...

it locks the document folders to readme only....

Cannot this be changed in the Registery, or .... don't tell me they've locked out of that too?

Mastiff
Mar-31-2013, 21:55
Cannot this be changed in the Registery, or .... don't tell me they've locked out of that too?

you have tmanuallyly do it your self, by right clicking on the folder and sharing and then go to security and open or check the box; in the edit portion to full control.

con3para
Apr-04-2013, 20:30
Did you fix it , I get stuttering when close to other aircraft or explosions , or when in dogfights with multi players ..

ATAG_Septic
Apr-05-2013, 10:55
Hi Chaps,

You might try and turn off AA transparency Supersampling or reducing it to Multi-sampling in your driver settings.

On my Nvidia card the GPU load is 30% higher with AA Supersampling than with Multisampling when in clouds.

Septic.

Xcom
Apr-17-2013, 03:05
Just to update...
I set my shadows off and AA to 0, it seems that the game is much smoother but I still get stutters after a while.

Also when there are many clouds there are big stutters.

I guess I need a stronger video card.

Any more tip/tweaks/ideas to make it more stable? maybe something in the conf.ini

Royraiden
Apr-17-2013, 19:32
Ive read a lot of times that CLOD needs at least 1.5gb of video memory to avoid those stutters.I have a 5850 1gb and with shadows,trees and grass off I get stutters overland and when flying through clouds.I actually bought a gtx 670 4gb today, I could confirm if what I have read about the 1.5gb+ requirement is true in a couple of days.

Kwiatek
Apr-19-2013, 12:51
Ive read a lot of times that CLOD needs at least 1.5gb of video memory to avoid those stutters.I have a 5850 1gb and with shadows,trees and grass off I get stutters overland and when flying through clouds.I actually bought a gtx 670 4gb today, I could confirm if what I have read about the 1.5gb+ requirement is true in a couple of days.

Hard to say i got 560 TI 1GB and got occasionally stuters more players on server more stutters but my mate got good ATI card with 3 GB and he got stutters also.

So i wonder if card with more then 1 GB is stutter free in CLOD ? What is opinon players which got better cards? Im mostly interesting in online playing with a lot of players - ab. 80 planes on server?

Mastiff
Apr-20-2013, 22:56
Hard to say i got 560 TI 1GB and got occasionally stuters more players on server more stutters but my mate got good ATI card with 3 GB and he got stutters also.

So i wonder if card with more then 1 GB is stutter free in CLOD ? What is opinon players which got better cards? Im mostly interesting in online playing with a lot of players - ab. 80 planes on server?

I have no stutters high settings, GTX 680 with 4GB, and 24GB on the MoBo..and custom skins are off.

ATAG_CrusaderOne
Apr-22-2013, 23:16
Check my post in this same topic "My Micro-Stutters have been eliminated!!!!!!" {I don't know how to link it to this message to here}

I Just found this program today and I am elated at the results.

This fps limiter has completely removed my stutters. I have a HD6990 with dual GPU's running in crossfire mode and have been plagued with micro-stutters caused, I think, by the dual GPU's running in Crossfire mode. This 'DXtory' utility has eliminated them!
here is the link to the steam forums where you can find more info.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820131

Good Luck
CrusaderOne

Royraiden
Apr-22-2013, 23:50
Check my post in this same topic "My Micro-Stutters have been eliminated!!!!!!" {I don't know how to link it to this message to here}

I Just found this program today and I am elated at the results.

This fps limiter has completely removed my stutters. I have a HD6990 with dual GPU's running in crossfire mode and have been plagued with micro-stutters caused, I think, by the dual GPU's running in Crossfire mode. This 'DXtory' utility has eliminated them!
here is the link to the steam forums where you can find more info.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820131

Good Luck
CrusaderOne
Im definitely going to try that as soon as I get my gpu tomorrow.

RS_Nogood
Jul-18-2013, 13:38
I have the same problem, tried everything ;but this worked for me. Hit escape sending it to the screen where you can make adjustments for game and then return to the game and wahlaa back to normal frame rates

JuLB
Jul-27-2013, 10:47
RS_Nogood
I still have this random issue too.
Hitting ESC two times and FPS is return to normal. When big stuttering present (is about 15FPS), CPU and GPU works at 20-30% only - it is not any external process, which do "hampers" CPU.
I do not know the cause.
All trick with reinstall CLOD and DXsetup, dotNet etc did not help.

trooph
Jul-31-2013, 08:12
@JulB
Stutters are connected to high latency of Amd. I was running my 965be@ 3. 9 and it still was doing that. I use dxtory to lock my framerate at 30. Helps most of the time. Also i use timeresolution to lower my latency and game booster. All give me nice stutterfree experience in clod:)