PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Shooting

Alice
Mar-29-2013, 18:44
Shoulder shooting, kill stealing, or "Outta my way - I've got places to go and things to shoot".

Headshot's video got me thinking, and a couple of incidents over the past couple sorties reminded me about it. I had a post written, but the SOIC suggested (quote: "don't be too funny") that it sounded less like the funny PSA I wanted, and more like a rant (quiet, Dice). So I figured a poll would be less charged; simmers are an enthusiastic bunch sometimes :D.

Either way, it's not supposed to be too serious. S!

*parts stolen outright from another poll on the old UBI forums

Ohms
Mar-29-2013, 18:53
I think it happens when guys loose situational awareness, they just don't see the other guy.

Alice
Mar-29-2013, 19:04
I think it happens when guys loose situational awareness, they just don't see the other guy.

My post included that, and it does happen. It happens to us all, for and against, and that's no problem. Sometimes it would be near impossible for him not to see you, though.

Still, it's not supposed to be serious. If it comes across badly, or gets folks too excited, Bliss, Snapper or Colander can pull it.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-29-2013, 19:29
Great poll! :thumbsup:

Another poll entry could've been:

"I don't snore. I never fart. And I sure as heck don't shoulder shoot!"

:-)

Tonester
Mar-29-2013, 19:36
I only do it when the first guy in line gets out manoevered...im not interested in kills really, more in ridding the sky of threats...you follow close and anticipate the 109s next jink, if your mate doesnt get him you will....ive been known to indulge when there is a chance of 'accidentally' putting some slugs into JT Dawgs airframe too... :)

Dice
Mar-29-2013, 20:01
You're not the boss of me you can't prove anything the sun was in my eyes

I voted...lol.

Dutch
Mar-29-2013, 23:43
There's nothing more annoying than protecting someone's six while they attempt to shoot someone, only to to watch them spray their bullets all over the sky.

'Fire or clear! Fire or clear!!' - How I'd've loved to say that on TS on so many occasions.....

If they're hopeless, shoot over their shoulder. Kill the enemy. If a friendly gets in the way, well it's unfortunate, but war is hell. :D

Please don't take any of this seriously. :)

Or maybe you should.............:devilish:

ATAG_Torian
Mar-30-2013, 01:16
There's nothing more annoying than protecting someone's six while they attempt to shoot someone, only to to watch them spray their bullets all over the sky.

'Fire or clear! Fire or clear!!' - How I'd've loved to say that on TS on so many occasions.....

If they're hopeless, shoot over their shoulder. Kill the enemy. If a friendly gets in the way, well it's unfortunate, but war is hell. :D

Please don't take any of this seriously. :)

Or maybe you should.............:devilish:

Actually a lot of truth there Dutchy. Don't know how many times I've stayed out of the way hovering over a friendly trying to down a bandit but making a real meal of it. Even more frustrating when the bandit either gets away or manages to manoeuvre into shooting the friendly. I must confess to my bad mannered intervention on some occasions like that. Then again I can't say that all my "hot on his 6" endeavours have ended favourably either.

Black
Mar-30-2013, 07:51
If done correctly theres almost no risk for the teammate and when he is in deep trouble anyway it doesnt really matter and is often worth a try! I don't remember a single situation in which I hit my teammate and caused damage, I guess if you are not triggerhappy and have some experience with it then shouldershooting is nothing that endangers the teammate!

Little_D
Mar-30-2013, 13:20
Hi gents,

from what we are talking in the moment?

1. sitting in the six from the 109 and try when ever we can to shoot on the enemy, even when it is possible that we hit the frendly?

2. coming in from high alt make a deflectionshot with 100% possible not to hit the frendly, to help the frendy to save engery /speed insteed to waist his engery by turning fore ages with the spit ? :)

to 1: never erver, its bad sportmanship, also the wrong position for a real hunter :)

to 2: yes, when i know for 100% that i dont hit the frendly, this is also a way for the guys that thinking to there selfs: oh boy, how many holes this guy wants to shoot in the air, he will never hit the spit, so pilots with little patience, because sooner or later you need to clear his six :)

what i dont do too, is shotting on dammaged enemy if one other 109 hit him hard ( blak/withe smoke, burning parts, etc.), specialy when the plane goes down, and you can see that he will hit the ground/water. this happens often too.

regards

Little_D