PDA

View Full Version : How about an external utility to write loadouts/convergences to the user.ini ?

ATAG_Torian
Mar-30-2013, 00:33
Setting up ammo/bomb loadouts and convergences can be a tad tedious using the ingame loadout menus. Since these are saved to the user.ini was wondering if it might be possible to create an external utility that might be more user friendly eg, if u want the same convergence to all guns there is a one step button to set to all guns.
I'm still hearing reports of not all guns actually firing bullets on Brit fighters after an ingame change to a loadout. This is solved as long as the loadout is saved to the user.ini...which sometimes doesn't happen while ingame.
I have taken to just copy/pasting loadouts directly from plane to plane in the ini myself but I'm guessing there would be some1 with programming skills to create a utility with better functionality.

Muffin
Mar-31-2013, 00:19
I second that motion!

Lowe
Mar-31-2013, 01:23
Totally agree with the idea. Anyone know if it's possible?

StiC
Aug-18-2013, 15:42
It's possible and I'm working on something in my spare time using autohotkey, but I'm new to programming so it will take a while.

MadTommy
Aug-21-2013, 03:49
Great idea. It would be very useful.

If it could be ready is a couple of hours please, as I was about to tackle my gun settings later, that would be great. :)

StiC
Jun-07-2014, 09:02
EDIT:
I have created a new thread for the Utility. The current build and future updates will be at
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11427

First off, apologies to Gix for hijacking his Convergence Tool thread. Unlike his tool, this utility will not save convergence settings as presets.

The RAF Loadout utility was originally inspired by this thread.
With the help of other 401 Squadron members I completed it to it's current "beta" state.
It's been available for 401 members and special guests for about 5 months now.

Things to keep in mind:
Make a backup of your user.ini. Typically found in C:\Users\"User Name"\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\user.ini
Your AV software may not get along with it. Norton doesn't like it because it is unfamiliar.
Before running it for the first time check that there are no gaps in your user.ini file. Typically there aren't.
Do not name any part of your preset names "ERROR".
Every time you make a change you want to keep don't forget to save.
Whenever you write to the user.ini only the currently selected aircraft is sent.
Make a backup of your user.ini. Just in case you didn't yet.

Features:
Easily manipulate loadouts.
Copy loadout and convergence settings between weapons.
Copy presets between aircraft.
Read from, and write to the user.ini file.

Things I want to add:
"Changes not saved" popup.
Improved error checking.
Write all aircraft to user.ini with one action.
Finish Help.

There is an Overview under Help. I suggest looking at it.

The biggest shortcoming is that it only supports RAF fighter aircraft mainly due to the fixed number and type of weapons. This was only my second GUI interface and I was trying to keep the variables to a minimum.

I have made every effort to ensure that any errors are detected and the user.ini is restored to it's previous state, but this is beta software written by a novice. Backup your user.ini....please.

Take Care

StiC
No.401 Squadron.

Edit:
The utility maintains its own .ini file. All changes are recorded here and until you use the "Write to user.ini" button your changes won't appear in the game.