PDA

View Full Version : BF109E-3 Guncam Ground Targets

Lowe
Mar-30-2013, 01:27
Hey guys I've made a new video, just for fun :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-siFLvT0u70

Oersted
Mar-30-2013, 08:19
Very nice, I like it! -Only thing I'd lose was the prominent swastika at the beginning.

How is it you remove the cockpit to get the wonderwoman view in a track? - I forgot...

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-30-2013, 08:42
Excellent footage. It'd be neat to transition it to grainy black & white/sepia to give it an original look. Like Oersted I'd like to know how you got the Wonder Women/no cockpit view. All my guncam shots had been from FRAPS unfortunately with the reticle prominently centered throughout my footage. Now we have Colander's great track editor utility to give us a lot more flexibility.

I agree with Oersted about the prominent swastika at the beginning and end of your great video. Although here on the forum we realize it's there to resemble the newsreels of the time, it might well be misunderstood by many outside this community. Feelings still run high in many parts of the world (and will for generations to come) and would detract from the fine effort you've done here. Just my opinion, though.

Thanks for sharing this, Lowe! :thumbsup:

Lowe
Mar-30-2013, 14:35
EDIT: That view is achieved by "switching off the cockpit", I don't remember which was the original key binding because I changed mine, but have a look at the controls options, I believe it is called "Toggle Cockpit" It can be done either while playing or viewing a recoreded track :D

Oh wow thank you guys! I'm sorry about the Swastika thing, I was just trying to give it a certain feeling similar to Die Deutsche Wochenschau (actually the music is extracted from there) Do you think the nazi eagle would be less offensive or would it be the same? (I am thinking in this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdB5E5HE7mY
About the color, I really wanted to make a realistic black & white old film, but I thought It was more original to try to imitate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcqxOkLLiqw
Thank you very much for your answers, can I keep posting my videos here? :) I am thinking in doing another guncam video, but this time following your advice, and making it fully realistic black and white, Is there any problem if I keep making posts like this one?

Oersted
Mar-30-2013, 14:36
I realised that after putting a track through Colander's editor you can toggle through views with ctrl-F1: 1) full cockpit, 2) reticle with floating instruments, 3) just reticle and, finally, 4) a clean view with nothing blocking, i.e. true WWV. So, there it is, easy-peasy, and it works beautifully!

Lowe
Mar-30-2013, 14:54
Oersted, you are SorenDalsgaard in Youtube right? If so, I'm WWII Pilot, remember? A great fan of yours :) I have a question: What's that Colander's track editor thing? I play offline and the only editing I do is in the PC, but actually all of my game vids are in-game footage :(

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-30-2013, 17:12
We're honoured that you wish to post your videos here! :salute: Please do!!! :D

Re Nazi eagle: first, I hasten to say that you are free to do as you feel is best. There are no rules in the ATAG forum on this; I was merely expressing a cautionary heads-up that some folks might be concerned or even upset. Very strong feelings, especially and understandably in Europe.

Thanks for the tips on the no-cockpit view. I'm starting to make a number of tracks which I've converted to outside editable, and thought it'd be cool to incorporate some 1940-style gun camera footage in some of the action sequences.

:)

Mysticpuma
Mar-30-2013, 17:22
Wait until you see my update news on Monday ;)

MP

1lokos
Mar-30-2013, 18:29
Use Fuel Truck as target, make a big boooom. :devilish:

Sokol1

Lowe
Mar-30-2013, 18:58
Well thank you guys for your replies, I will keep posting videos if you don't mind :) I just wanted to say that I am 15 years old and I love planes since I have memory, and I am actually in the Military High School of my country, getting ready to join the Air Force :D What I mean with this is, that I'm no professional or anything, I just like old films and I like making my own imitations of them :D One more thing, DON'T UNDERESTIMATE YOUR PC. If anyone reading this has a low end PC, try EVERY graphic config, even high ones. I did a test on a site to see if I could run COD before getting it, and the result was NO. But I got it anyways and I can play with everything on HIGH except for land shading, getting as an average 20 - 30 fps. Do you want to know the weirdest part of this? I have an Intel Celeron 430 1.80 GHz and a GeForce GT240. Yes, very lame, but I run it anyways, so remember, always have a go, you never know what can happen... Sorry if I went off-topic but I just had to mention that :D

Oersted
Mar-31-2013, 16:14
Oersted, you are SorenDalsgaard in Youtube right? If so, I'm WWII Pilot, remember? A great fan of yours :) I have a question: What's that Colander's track editor thing? I play offline and the only editing I do is in the PC, but actually all of my game vids are in-game footage :(

See "track editor" in the navigation bar of this forum. With it you can transform the online server cockpit-only tracks into tracks where you can freely choose your viewpoint.

Katdog5
Apr-01-2013, 09:33
Very nice, I like it! -Only thing I'd lose was the prominent swastika at the beginning.

Yeah def lose the nazi symbol bro. Too distracting. Millions of people killed under that flags ideals. only good in historical films or ignorant racist ideology

doesnt work with your video AT ALL. Now you know

Cool idea for video.

donnelly
Apr-02-2013, 04:36
I have looked, it is really funny. Thanks.

Muffin
Apr-02-2013, 23:04
Well thank you guys for your replies, I will keep posting videos if you don't mind :) I just wanted to say that I am 15 years old and I love planes since I have memory, and I am actually in the Military High School of my country, getting ready to join the Air Force :D What I mean with this is, that I'm no professional or anything, I just like old films and I like making my own imitations of them :D One more thing, DON'T UNDERESTIMATE YOUR PC. If anyone reading this has a low end PC, try EVERY graphic config, even high ones. I did a test on a site to see if I could run COD before getting it, and the result was NO. But I got it anyways and I can play with everything on HIGH except for land shading, getting as an average 20 - 30 fps. Do you want to know the weirdest part of this? I have an Intel Celeron 430 1.80 GHz and a GeForce GT240. Yes, very lame, but I run it anyways, so remember, always have a go, you never know what can happen... Sorry if I went off-topic but I just had to mention that :D

Im 15 too! I think we are the only ones here! Also, I'm training to become a pilot too. Weird!