PDA

View Full Version : game unplayable since installing mod

9./JG26_Brigg
Mar-31-2013, 21:46
firstly thanks for keeping the dream alive.:thumbsup: however i am unable to play the game since installing the mod. i have followed pstyle's guide and re installed the game but i still get the same result.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542956332939224477/0CFE2BBEE01EB9164C0651A5F221613FE32248B4/

this is my view from the cockpit of a spit.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542956332941984194/AD4C64E891DA6BB051A5CDE01B9B670BB53D29F8/

this is me in a flight of 88's.

please could someone help.:salute:

ATAG_Colander
Mar-31-2013, 21:55
firstly thanks for keeping the dream alive.:thumbsup: however i am unable to play the game since installing the mod. i have followed pstyle's guide and re installed the game but i still get the same result.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542956332939224477/0CFE2BBEE01EB9164C0651A5F221613FE32248B4/

this is my view from the cockpit of a spit.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542956332941984194/AD4C64E891DA6BB051A5CDE01B9B670BB53D29F8/

this is me in a flight of 88's.

please could someone help.:salute:

Make sure you don't have a line that reads "meshshowlod=XXX" in your ini files under "My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD"

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-01-2013, 08:56
thx collander you certainly have strained the problem out, but now my ch fighterstick has decided to die on me. oh well i will just have to treat myself to a warthog in a couple of weeks.:)

ATAG_Ribbs
Apr-01-2013, 11:53
Are you sure it "Died" on you? check it in windows to see if its working.. or in another game. I have heard of some people losing all of there mapped controls..with the install of the patch.

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-01-2013, 12:29
yeah thats what i heard aswell and i hoped it was that but it doesnt work in any other game either.

Kling
Apr-01-2013, 23:10
thx collander you certainly have strained the problem out, but now my ch fighterstick has decided to die on me. oh well i will just have to treat myself to a warthog in a couple of weeks.:)

Just curious, how did you end up having a line saying meshshowlod=XXX in your config file???

ATAG_JTDawg
Apr-02-2013, 00:45
yeah thats what i heard aswell and i hoped it was that but it doesnt work in any other game either.

hello m8 just went through a week of bs, because of Windows update KB2807986, Was suppose to fix exploit in usb crap , to many problems to say , but make sure your usb joystick etc. might not be recognized ,also printers any usb device , also tore up net frame work an anti virus, read up on it , hope it helps

No.401_Speed (YO-R)
Apr-02-2013, 07:06
post deleted

RIP JT

I might be retiring from CoD but I won't forget you buddy!!

ATAG_JTDawg
Apr-02-2013, 13:36
Same here JT. The MOD worked well when it ran, but I started to experience freeze ups and CTD/bluescreen crashes to the point where I had to revert. In the process I messed up and actually rolled back Windows instead of just un-installing the latest update and that killed my entire profile. Took a week to figure out the disconnect between my firewall, which would not allow me to do much of anything, and getting a new profile built. At the same time, and this just might be a coincidence, my Cyborg keyboard died. Tried reloading drivers and software from Saitek with out success. I also now experience crashes with my TrackIR, which is related to ATI cards, but which I never experienced before.

I'd love to get back to using the 3.00 MOD fella's and get back on line with you, but till someone can figure out the cause of these crashes, for sanity sake I'll just run single mode for the time being.

TF, help us out guys. We want to support your great work.

Cheers

I did 6 clean installs, 6th 1 was the charm. it seem ati had more probs. then others, your ati vid cards need net framework 4 to work, so uninstall all ati stuff, uninstall anti virus , steam an any usb things , printer, joy stick , etc. ,(do not do a go back) when you read up on that update you will see it is wide spread. put anti virus back on last , think your to the point disabling av wont help. an remember to verify steam game casch . (found 6 missing files from fresh install )redid net frame work on steam for first time set up an it fixed net framework . make sure steam is off when reinstalling av. way to much to type , but if I see you on ts I can explain more . you might have to put update on with whats called a clean boot, this is not a mod related issue

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-03-2013, 17:11
Just curious, how did you end up having a line saying meshshowlod=XXX in your config file???

I don't know fella

9./JG26_Brigg
Apr-03-2013, 17:14
Same here JT. The MOD worked well when it ran, but I started to experience freeze ups and CTD/bluescreen crashes to the point where I had to revert. In the process I messed up and actually rolled back Windows instead of just un-installing the latest update and that killed my entire profile. Took a week to figure out the disconnect between my firewall, which would not allow me to do much of anything, and getting a new profile built. At the same time, and this just might be a coincidence, my Cyborg keyboard died. Tried reloading drivers and software from Saitek with out success. I also now experience crashes with my TrackIR, which is related to ATI cards, but which I never experienced before.

I'd love to get back to using the 3.00 MOD fella's and get back on line with you, but till someone can figure out the cause of these crashes, for sanity sake I'll just run single mode for the time being.

TF, help us out guys. We want to support your great work.

Cheers

Thanks jt I will look into that