PDA

View Full Version : Salute all (with a help cry already!)

catz64
Apr-01-2013, 19:03
Hello everyone. Thank you for hosting me in this forum.
I was a previous member of CPS (Casual Pilots Squadron) long time ago, with IL2-Sturmovik and subsequents. I had a tremendous fun by then, but after my daughter were born I had trouble keeping up with the pace (guess why...) and eventually retired. But it's time to reborn (or get killed, anyway..) with CoD, so I'm glad to find this forum.

While trying to setup my system, I'm getting troubles with updating my copy of CoD at Steam (I still have the original version, purchased at launch time). I see there are updates to this game, but I can't find out how to download and apply them. I can't get into most of the online servers, as they're using ver. 3 and say mine is too old. Steam support says that updates should be applied automatically as they arrive, but apparently that's not the case.

One fine member of this forum (4./KG53_saipan) directed me here, but I'm still not finding the downloads I'd need.
Can someone help me?

Sheers

ATAG_Colander
Apr-01-2013, 19:10
Hi Catz,

Welcome to the forum.
Normally, steam automatically updates the game for you. You can force it by using the "verify integrity of the game" option on Steam.
Once is all updated, you can install the TF Mod in top of it. The thread with the download link etc is in this forum sticky under the "Team Fusion" section.

~S~
ATAG_Colander.

catz64
Apr-01-2013, 19:51
Hi Colander. Thank you for your input.
Maybe it's just me being dumb, but I can't find the way to do so.
In stem, I can access the game release news, but there's no link or buttom to apply those upgrades, as disconcerting as it may be. Also, I can't find the "verify integrity of the game" option in Steam. Could you please be somehow more precise?

Thx

ATAG_Colander
Apr-01-2013, 19:53
Go to the "library"
right click on the game and click on "properties"
Go to the "Local Files" tab
At the bottom you'll find the button.