PDA

View Full Version : Independent AI wingmen

EG14_Marcast
Apr-02-2013, 04:23
When I build a mission being the leader of a group taking off, my AI wingmen don't follow me, but they use to run the mission as if I wasn't there. To have them on my tail, I have to let the AI control the take off of my plane too. As I like to perform missions from take off till landing, is there any way to force AI planes to behave correctly?

bolox
Apr-02-2013, 05:41
In a word no.

If you are leader of a group I have found it necessary to use autopilot for take off until ~ first waypoint ( you can actually see a 'kick' in plane behaviour after flaps come up- it's usually ok to take over manually after this point).
If you do not do this your plane doesn't 'register' with the AI game engine and you are effectively flying alone in a mission. you can see this in the comms menu- if you try to select 'recipient' they will all be unselectable.

Annoys the hell out of me too, but this is how CoD has 'worked' since day 1

EG14_Marcast
Apr-02-2013, 06:24
In a word no.

If you are leader of a group I have found it necessary to use autopilot for take off until ~ first waypoint ( you can actually see a 'kick' in plane behaviour after flaps come up- it's usually ok to take over manually after this point).
If you do not do this your plane doesn't 'register' with the AI game engine and you are effectively flying alone in a mission. you can see this in the comms menu- if you try to select 'recipient' they will all be unselectable.

Annoys the hell out of me too, but this is how CoD has 'worked' since day 1

Still, in one mission it works, but I don't know why. It is six Bf110 C7 taking off from Calais Marck, starting parked with engine off. I take off from the runway direction 27-09 and circle twice over the airfield climbing, then I take the route to the target, . At the end of the first circle the 5 AI's take off (because of the wind) from the runway direction 02-20, they come after me and when they reach me they follow all my movements