PDA

View Full Version : Recording, editing, uploading.

RedBeard
Apr-02-2013, 14:38
So my question is,

What is the best way to record a ingame footage, then edit with what program, and how to upload it as fast as possible on youtube:)

And how big should a average movie be?

:-)

kanishka
Apr-02-2013, 18:48
fraps- sony vegas- youtube.

it can be as long as you want, there are videos of more than an hour. the size of the file depends on what compresion you use

ATAG_Headshot
Apr-02-2013, 23:43
If you have an nvidia card try the program Action! Instead of Fraps. Action! Doesn't realy cause any frame rate loss

RedBeard
Apr-03-2013, 06:14
I have a amd hd readeon 6990. I have action but never really tried it out:)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-03-2013, 06:34
If you have an nvidia card try the program Action! Instead of Fraps. Action! Doesn't realy cause any frame rate loss

Unfortunately Action! crashes if you run the dxg9.dll - this dll file is used by sweetfx and inject_fx

palker
Apr-03-2013, 09:51
I personally use MSI afterburner which cause minimal fps loss even on my budget computer and it is completely free. Afterburner captures the game footage before SweetFX is applied so for AA you have to have it enabled in game.
For editing i use Sony Vegas. From vegas i export the edited movie in lagarith lossless codec and convert to mp4 with h264 codec and 8500 kb/s bitrate using MeGUI.
After that i upload it to youtube. This process is not exactly fastest but should yield highest possible quality.

You can check my youtube channel to see some videos i edited, the most recent ones use this method. If you should have any questions about different methods for different clips ask away I will try to answer the the best i can.

The best possible method for recording game footage is to capture video using the frame by frame method which is not available in CoD. This cannot be done real time as the frames are recorded as series of lossless images but the resulting quality is superior, also the file size for few minutes of footage is immense.

Katdog5
Apr-03-2013, 10:34
So my question is,

What is the best way to record a ingame footage, then edit with what program, and how to upload it as fast as possible on youtube:)

And how big should a average movie be?

:-)

Depending on your system

1.record using in game .trk (start record before spawn)
2.upload track to atag forum 3rd person view enabler
3. replay .trk and record 30fps fullsize or half size depending on your pc using fraps or afterburner
4.use sony vegas to edit and then use specific hd output render settings
5.upload to youtube