PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations o7

Vas
Apr-03-2013, 10:07
Just a quick "howdy"/Intro post. Found ATAG community over this past weekend, and have spent more time flying multiplayer then ever before in CoD on your fantastic server over the last few days. Big thank you to the Team Fusion folks for the wonderful mod as well!

I've primarily stuck to flying CoD in offline mode until recently for a few reasons: First, I'm such a terrible bad with these older warbirds (I've primarily flown simulators of modern aircraft). The mechanics and tactics are so much different in these older warbirds that I've been too uncomfortable in the past to jump into multiplayer servers running full realism. In my offline single player campaigns I've always taken advantage of the assists in the sim (auto engine management, etc), and I know this really a diservice to myself.

Having flown CoD offline now for over a year, and wanting more challenge, I've taken to flying online on ATAG's server - and I can say I've been having more fun with the sim then I ever have in the past. I primarily have been flying Blue Side as I just love the 109 - the unforgiving wench that she can be at times. I'm still struggling to comprend the finer mechanics/use of the engine management systems (especially manual pitch control).

My take-offs even are a struggle with the constant rudder inputs needed to keep her pointing straight down the runway, the suddle roll to the left she likes to do as speed increases and the tail lifts off the ground, all get my heart racing just to get the bird into the air. It's almost as if the 109 just doesn't want to fly at first, but once she's off the ground and a steady climb rate is established she settles down - and it's beautiful. I also struggle with navigation, and figuring out just where I am on the map, hunting red air, etc.

I'm on the TS Server as Vas, and in the sim as Vasov (own the sim thru steam and that's my steam name). To my fellow 109 pilots, I'm all ears to those who would be willing to provide me guidance on the finer points of flying this beautiful beast. To my adversarial Hurri & Spit pilots, please don't hurt me too badly - as mentioned above, I'm a terrible bad.

Look forward to many more fun flights with you all on the server!

o7 *salute*

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-03-2013, 10:21
Salute! Vas. and welcome.

Learning how to use the manual prop will make you a better pilot. TS is certainly the best place to be when flying online. Your fellow 109 pilots should look after you.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-03-2013, 10:23
Hello Vas. Glad you take the foward step of getting online. Once you bite the poison of online addiction you will never look back. Forget your family and friends, your belong to us now :)

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-03-2013, 10:24
Welcome to the forum, Vas! :salute:

Congrats on getting online and on TS. The engine management will become second nature before long, and your team mates on TS will gladly give you pointers on how to extract optimum performance, especially in combat. That will be good for you, and BAD for me (since I fly Red online). LOL

Glad you found us here, and hope you keep us updated on how you find things. Any concerns -- this is the place to bring 'em. :thumbsup:

Good luck out there!

Snapper

Doc
Apr-03-2013, 17:21
Welcome to the forums Vas! Don't worry about all that. Just have fun. If you walk away from an hour of CoD and think about it the next day then its all good. Come back and fly again! :thumbsup: