PDA

View Full Version : Another launcher/crash problem

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-03-2013, 18:07
Very frustrated fella's. I get as far as spawning and then within a few seconds or miutes I get a freeze up and I have to use task mgr to get out.

I have tried all the usual culprits like the win update file KB2670838 (not there), have rerun the direct x, DotNet fx 40 client, and VC redist from the redist folder. Have reloaded the game from disc. Dumped the 1Csoft folder, etc ...etc..

This is a brand new rig
Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo
i7 Ivy Bridge 3770k
16g ram
SSD boot drive with Steam on it
evga gtx 670FTW
Win7 64

This the event log when it stops.
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 4/3/2013 5:23:07 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Owner-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_Launcher, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d6e3d08
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x944
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce30c1f6d13709
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7058cee0-9cb5-11e2-9509-94de8060f964
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-03T23:23:07.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>14326</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Owner-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Launcher.exe_Launcher</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4d6e3d08</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7601.18015</Data>
<Data>50b83c8a</Data>
<Data>e0434352</Data>
<Data>0000c41f</Data>
<Data>944</Data>
<Data>01ce30c1f6d13709</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>7058cee0-9cb5-11e2-9509-94de8060f964</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I've run out of things to try. Seriously bumming out.

Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Z

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-03-2013, 18:49
constant crash or random? I still have the random crash.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-03-2013, 19:33
It's constant now as soon as I spawn it will go about 2-3 seconds and then freeze. It's got to be something interfering cause it ran before albeit with intermitent crashes, but still could fly. Maybe someone could have a look remotely and see if I'm missing something? It's not virus protection and not printer software like yesterday's (Sgt.Fresh) because I haven't loaded any printer. PM me if you think you might can fix this rig.

ATAG_Torian
Apr-04-2013, 05:56
Can u tell us what wattage is the power supply is in your rig ? Has this been happening since u got ur new rig or was it working fine for a while ? Is your Win7 updated to Service Pack 1 ? When u say u have reloaded from the disc I'm gonna assume that means that steam has updated to the last release. Have u done a "verify integrity of game cache" ? Are u installing the TF patch ? Have u tried a clean install of the latest nVidia driver ? Do u play any other games and are they working fine ?
Can u see the fans on your video card spinning ? Just trying to eliminate the obvious b4 exploring the cumbersome.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-04-2013, 06:22
Is your case clear of obstructions and are all the fans working? (is there an overheat going on)....

I don't mean to be a dousche-bag Zodiac, but this happened to me when my new Rig arrived. I kept getting crashes to desktop and even entire PC shut-downs when running games. I was curious to see if the fans were spinning. Lo! and Behold! - When I opened the PC case I found the entire machine was still filled with the packing wrap from the builders! All of the fans were being held up.

In addition to the above, once I had removed the packing wrap, i found one of the fans still was not working. I checked the power cables, and it had been plugged into the Mobo incorrectly and the motor for the fan had shorted out.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-04-2013, 07:25
Thanks for the responses guy. This is what I love about the CLod community. Nope Phil the fan and GPU are working really well. I have a Corsair 600T case and it has the window on on side so you can see the motor under the hood.

Torian, yes I have verified integrity by Steam and I didn't want to apply the 3.0 patch until I had a good running original copy. I have the disk and downloaded from that with the Steam update off and sync cloud off also. I do have service pack 1.

This has been a real head beater but I think that I am close now. Last night sitting here in frustration because my graphics look so beautiful but I only see them for a few seconds, I decided that it was not hardware related but a conflict of some kind and I would delete every update and or program until I found the culprit.
Before I could embark on this insanity I was in the Steam>Clod folder and I right clicked on the launcher. I selected properties and saw a compatability tab. Hmmmmmmmm< this is odd, it is set to Win XP service pack 2? That doesn't seem right, so I set it to win 7 and bingo instantly better. I still got a crash but I flew for a good 15-20 min before it happened. I then checked my laptop which has no such issues but has no such graphics either and it was set to XP service pack 3. I'll try that this morning and report back. I think I'm onto something though. Can someone with a good working copy check their launcher compatability setting and let me know what it should be on? :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Apr-04-2013, 08:17
Mine doesn't have a tick in the box. Strange that yours does. What version of Win7 do u have ...Home Premium? Professional ?

vranac
Apr-04-2013, 09:39
^ Yes. Check "Disable desktop composition" and "Run as admin" that may help.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-04-2013, 09:45
Torian,

I'm running WIN 7 Ult 64. The box wasn't ticked on mine either but I could see XP service pack 2 on the drop down menu below the tic box. If you tic that box,(run this program in compatability mode for) the drop down compatability menu becomes active and you can make a choice. It's seems like (I think) XP service pack 3 is the default setting? I'd like to get a confirmation on that from someone with a stable running clod to be sure because Win 7 is also an option. I don't know how mine got onto XP service pack 2 unless that at one time the default setting on the game disc which I reloaded from?

Crazy how that can cause such problems!

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-04-2013, 09:49
Vranac, Ok I have done that also. It seems to be running mucho better now but I haven't flown for more than about 10 min. Time will tell but as the famous pederist R. Kelly sang, "I believe I can fly" now!:thumbsup:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-04-2013, 10:14
If this fix works, it should be added to the list of "try this" things....

In fact, maybe I should make such a list??????

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-04-2013, 10:33
Hold off on this fix for a bit as I spoke a bit soon. It flys but I'm still getting a freeze up after 5 or 10 minutes. I'll keep posting as I go.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-04-2013, 10:37
Hold off on this fix for a bit as I spoke a bit soon. It flys but I'm still getting a freeze up after 5 or 10 minutes. I'll keep posting as I go.

sounds to me like one of two things;

1. An overheat somewhere
Maybe download a temp-monitoring programme to check on this?

2. A memory problem - probably with the GPU.
Have you adopted my settings in the NVidia control panel : -> http://thevirtualflyer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/my-clod-nvidia-settings.html
Also, run the game on the 1920x1080 or lower resolution, preferably the same resolution as your desktop.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-04-2013, 13:37
It seems to be a timing issue of some sort? I spawn or start a single player mission and it's flying well for about 3-4 min then freezes. Something it doesn't like. I have Acronis true image that is a back up app. Anyone ever hear of that causing a problem?

I am using your settings on the 670 Phil. I notice at the bottom (adjust video image settings) mine is set on application controlled versus nvidia control but not sure that's an issue.

Hmmm, now I went back and tic'd the VSYNC and SSAO options and it completed a single mission, flew past the "freeze frame time" and no freeze up! Doesn't seem possible but let's see how it goes from here. Causiously optimistic which means Fingers crossed!!! Better back up these settings before i shut it off! ;-)

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-05-2013, 09:44
UPDATE: WE seem to have a stable copy now after much ado. Last night I flew for 35 min with no crashes and this morning another couple of My server missions with no problems other than the volume of the sound switching a bit. I thought it was about to crash but it was just a little volume hitch that muted slightly and then came back after a couple minutes.

I would still like to have someone check their launcher compatability tab (Go to launcher exe in Steam>right click>properties> compatability and tell me what your setting says. Although I have win7 64, the drop down tab (when tic'd) says XP service pack 3. I think that is the default but need someone to confirm. Thanks in advance and for your help in getting me back in the skys of the channel.

Mastiff
Apr-12-2013, 02:49
UPDATE: WE seem to have a stable copy now after much ado. Last night I flew for 35 min with no crashes and this morning another couple of My server missions with no problems other than the volume of the sound switching a bit. I thought it was about to crash but it was just a little volume hitch that muted slightly and then came back after a couple minutes.

I would still like to have someone check their launcher compatability tab (Go to launcher exe in Steam>right click>properties> compatability and tell me what your setting says. Although I have win7 64, the drop down tab (when tic'd) says XP service pack 3. I think that is the default but need someone to confirm. Thanks in advance and for your help in getting me back in the skys of the channel.

yes if its tickd its winxpsp3. if its unticked it should be faded.

nynek
Apr-12-2013, 03:52
The same here...
Uninstall,deleting 1CSoft in documents, deleting in steam commons aps folder il2,reloading steam version, installing, running it vanilla once, applying 3.0, run it, no fix for single player patch,no sweet fx this time.
Rest is in the ATAG server log...name is nynek
For some reason Win wants to install steam as XP APPS. Check properties of steam.exe and make sure there is nothing check in compatibility, just administrator rights.
And apply swastika stuff if U like it.
So far so good in my case.

keeno
Apr-19-2013, 08:52
Hi all,

my first time posting so be gentle. I've got a similar problem. until a few weeks ago all was working fine. since the 3.0 patch great graphics, smooth, no crashes, all my setting seemed just fine then one day CLoD just started crashing after a few minutes flight. I tried dropping my settings or simply resorting to free flight but no, after a few minutes CLoD crashes. I've already tried the usual from the "master list of remedies" including checking the compatibility thing mentioned previously in this thread but i'm still getting crashes. I've looked for the windows update to delete from the update list but I don't have it. I stumped, any more windows updates that could cause it as I'm sure the answer lies there somewhere?. I have windows 7 64bit home edition I think. Thanks in advance.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-19-2013, 09:26
Hi Keeno, 99% of people are here to help, not to berate you. This is, fortunately, not one of those places where the ter,m "Noob" get's used ;)

Thanks for trying out the fixes on the master list. It's great to see people making use of the "tried and tested" before bringing their issues forward.

This seems to me to be the critical bit; since the 3.0 patch great graphics, smooth, no crashes, all my setting seemed just fine then one day CLoD just started crashing after a few minutes flight

I know it can be nigh on impossible to think, but do you recall any significant system changes in the past weeks since the crashes started? More windows updates? A DirectX update? installing other games? Instaling new hardware or software?

If you can eliminate those questions, it might pay to download some temperature checking software just to see if the CPU, or GPU is overheating. While we;re on that issue, can you post your PC specs?

We might have to try and work through step-by-step...

keeno
Apr-19-2013, 11:28
Thanks for the re-assuring comments 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P). I've played il2 then Clod, RoF and FSX for as long as they've been out but when you read some of the hostility to some simple questions on different forums is always put me off asking them and trying to figure stuff out on my own, so cheers for that. Yes there has been several windows updates over the last few weeks, also I've tried the joy to key program to have a smooth zoom feature too, that's when I noticed the problems. I've since stopped using joy to zoom but I haven't got or can't find the specific windows update from the threads that appears to be causing so many problems. oh, also I installed the sweet fx program, that was going to be my next port of call. i'll try that next. thanks again.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-19-2013, 11:52
Thanks for the more info.

Without patronizing you, do you know where to look for the Win updates?

Sweetfx shouldn't be a problem, unless you're also running some video recording software in the background. Can't hurt to disable the sweetfx (remove d3g9.dll) and see if the cvrashes persist though.

I've never used joy-control. Not sure what effect it might have...

If you get really stuck, as around on the ATAG or ACG teamspeak channels, there are plenty of people who will help. Getting more people online is what this game needs desperately right now!

You're also welcome to jump ont he 92 sqn. coms too, if you need help, but there's probably less chance of people being there than the two above;
TS3: 203.46.105.37:20060
pw: 2winston

keeno
Apr-19-2013, 18:54
Thanks again 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P. Yes I know where to look for the Windows updates purely by following previous advice in various threads. I'm going to try the master list advice again to see if I've missed anything with SweetFX disabled and see how that goes. I guess I'll have another look for the problematic windows update which is causing problems with others. I've actually flown on the ATAG server before but couldn't seem to find any action, this was pre TF patch. I've been toying with the idea of teamspeak so I may well take you up on and really get into the battle! Cheers.

GOZR_2
Apr-28-2013, 23:51
After the 3.01 update my Launcher crash each time after 15 minutes..

Furious
Apr-29-2013, 03:40
GOZR,

Do a file integrity check through steam, reinstall 3.0 then 3.01

Same thing was happening to me and I guess there were some corrupt files in there.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-29-2013, 10:08
Hate to say it but you just never know what "exactly" causes the crashing.

When it crashes does it freeze and then you have to use task manager to get out?

That's what mine was doing when I had the problem. In my case, I was also getting a BSOD once in a while too.

I took the overclock out of my processor and went back to the stock settings with turbo boost and hyper threading enabled, which had been disabled when the CPU was overclocked. Since this change back to 3.5ghz from 4.5ghz, I have not had a single crash or BSOD. With the turbo boost and hyperthreading enabled again, I honestly do not see any difference in performance either. Maybe if I benchmarked it might be a few points less but you'd never know it and I prefer the stability to any small gain particularly when CLoD is much more GPU dependent (than CPU) anyways. Just my .02.

GOZR_2
Apr-29-2013, 12:36
Furious I'll try that.. And yes freeze and need task manager to get out. all enable turbo threading etc.. everything was good til the mini update 3.01

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-29-2013, 12:53
Hi GOZR, please keep us posted on how things turn out. I'm making this thread "sticky" because there's so much good info being disseminated here. I'm one of the lucky ones that has had (touch wood) no probs so far, but everyone's hardware, software/utilities, and PC settings vary so much that Clod has proven to be really finicky. Chances are your findings and the suggestions you've been getting will help someone else down the line. :thumbsup:

GOZR_2
Apr-29-2013, 16:10
.. I re-installed the Mod and the mini patch after after the check integrity gave me 4 failed files which I presume was the mod and 3.01... but again it crashed after 3 minutes...
I tested with my SweetFX OFF then all run ok it did not crash. So the problem was SweetFX but I cannot fly with out my SweetFX settings the original colors from ClOD are just horrendous .. I check around and read that there is an Windows update that make the problem with SweetFX the update"KB2670838", I uninstalled this update and finally now CLOD run great .... so far with SweetFX.

;) Thanks for the help guys.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/Screenshot24406_zps719342b6.jpg (http://s426.photobucket.com/user/GOZR/media/Screenshot24406_zps719342b6.jpg.html)

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-30-2013, 08:17
Excellent. I was going to mention SweetFX. I believe it's on Phil's master list as is that Win update. I used SWFX with the Configurator. Makes it a once click proposition to use or not use it. Initially, I was unable to use it also. But after I got it5 running well, I added it in again and it's been fine ever since. :thumbsup:

Baffin
Jun-28-2013, 08:51
TeamSpeak was doing this to me after a graphics upgrade. Remove and Reinstall TeamSpeak fixed it for me... good luck!

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jun-30-2013, 07:22
Thanks Redxfred,

I'll give that a go although my set up has been flawless after I finally got it stable. I rarely have any problems now although Sweet FX will still mess with it and Team Speak Overlay plug in will also crash or freeze if not disabled.

Tonester
Jun-30-2013, 08:16
I cant even fly anymore..get about ten or fifteen minutes and launcher crash...given up..keep watching the forum hoping something changes...i miss it...and the guys...WarThunder is ok..but its pay for this pay for that crap stops me from flying it in protest...and ROF is boring as batshit(IMHO)...i like FSX in theory...its challenging and all but not being able to dogfight sux...cant go back to IL2 after COD...cant go back to ANY old sims after COD...sigh...and I recently lost my job so would be flying heaps if i could...oh well, thank god for Foxtel( cable for those unfamiliar)...at least they have plenty of WWII aircraft related documentarys

ATAG_Knuckles
Jun-30-2013, 09:07
Tone: I feel you frustration: as I still have launcher crash issues, but can't seem to find anything that causes them. Two days ago I had three in a half hour, next day I flew two hours straight with out one: Hummm ?????

vranac
Jun-30-2013, 09:37
Guys, check in your Control panel > administrative tools > Win logs > application. You should have some info there.

I had a lot of crashes which coincided with TF patch and all of them were connected with Desktop composition service.I disabled that service (Aero) but that didn't help.
But when I enabled Aero again crashes stopped.None. :hypnotized:

Second thing is you can pick up some crashdump files if they are generated in your cppcrash folder in your docs and ask Colander
if he have some time to look at it.

Third, get rid of any kind of overlay apps, because they can couse problems on some systems.

Tonester
Jun-30-2013, 21:34
Mine is consistent every single time knuckles...unfortunately...thanks for the tip vranac i will have a look..

jaydee
Jul-01-2013, 05:21
I cant even fly anymore..get about ten or fifteen minutes and launcher crash...given up..keep watching the forum hoping something changes...i miss it...and the guys...WarThunder is ok..but its pay for this pay for that crap stops me from flying it in protest...and ROF is boring as batshit(IMHO)...i like FSX in theory...its challenging and all but not being able to dogfight sux...cant go back to IL2 after COD...cant go back to ANY old sims after COD...sigh...and I recently lost my job so would be flying heaps if i could...oh well, thank god for Foxtel( cable for those unfamiliar)...at least they have plenty of WWII aircraft related documentarys

hey tonster ,what rig are you running ? I have a few spare parts lyin around. (Gtx 580,Gd65 MB with some RAM). Id be glad to send it across the nullabor to an aussie Cod flyer if it helps mate !......
BTW ,I spent a few years in Freo and Coolungup !(and Kal). Pm me your details if you want them ! ...John

9./JG52 Ziegler
Jul-01-2013, 07:41
Tonester, When you say consistent, you mean it crashes at the exact same time, every time? Mine is running great now but I do get a freeze for about 1 or 2 seconds maybe 5 minutes in or so nearly everytime. In single player I'm usually chasing an AI and have to hold the control and imagine where I'll be in two seconds. It recovers every time but is scary because it reminds me of when I had your problem. That was what got this thread sticky'd, it was so bad. Phil and several others helped me even using remote access to my machine to have a go at fixing it. By now you've tried everything on this list I suppose?

I took the overclock out of my processor (i7 3770k) and turned the turbo boost and hyperthreading back on (they were off due to the OC). Then I found the launcher compatability issue Go to launcher exe in Steam>right click>properties>make sure it is set to XP service pack 3 (I have Win 7 64bit). You'll see a box to tic in order to check or change that. After this and going back to my stock processor settings it has been fine ever since. I cannot use SweetFX or the Team Speak overlay plug in though. Either of those will crash it. Oh and one other issue we have found was a virus protection interaction problem (I use Panda Cloud with no issues) and even as weird as a printer driver interference issue! I know it's hard but keep the faith.:thumbsup:

DaRat
Aug-06-2013, 16:38
Sorry to hijack, but I have a variation on this problem!

Cliffs was working perfectly full settings on my old monitor which was a 22" TV with a res of 1360x768. Since upgrading my monitor to a good size 1920x1080 am now getting crashes at around 10-15 minutes into my flights :(

Anyone know the likely reason of this? I have tried turning settings all the way down to no avail and followed the crash guides posted elsewhere on the forum

My Setup:
i7 2600k quad 3.4Ghz
GTI 550 Twin Frozr 2, 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM

ATAG_Colander
Aug-06-2013, 18:03
Hi DaRat,

What happens if you bring the resolution down?

DaRat
Aug-07-2013, 16:53
No change unfortunately :(

Just tested and it happens in SP too - feels like the good old days after release! Will try a reinstall.

Greywing
Aug-07-2013, 17:32
Hi,

Don't know if this will help you guys with your crashes. I was fooling with my setup last night and made some changes. (DXtory to limit frames, disabled Win7 core parking, and turned off Vsynch in CLoD and on in Nvidia Control). All good it enabled me to run higher grapich settings at a locked 24FPS (My TV is 25Hz, need a new one).

Looked lovely and worked well...for 10 minutes and then total freeze up Task manager to shut down crash. Every time. So I ran without DXtory. Same deal 10 minutes and bam. Next I fiddled with the Nvidia V-synch settings finally turning them off and going back to CLoD for V-synch. No more crashes. I do get some screen tearing now when turning my head even with v-synch on(never had that before), but no crash after 10 minutes.

Edit:...And then again maybe not. It worked great last night after disabling V-synch. 20 min of flying before I had to exit and hit the hay. This morning however it was freezing again after about 5 minutes. I went through the crash thread. Removal of the problem win update and setting my graphics back down has it going again (or seems to. 30+min flying on ATAG this morning). Funny how it all worked until last nights changes even with the update and then it wouldn't. I'll push my graphics back up next session and re-enable the Nvidia v-synch and see how I go

Cheers

Greywing

electraguard
Sep-11-2013, 16:39
Very frustrated fella's. I get as far as spawning and then within a few seconds or miutes I get a freeze up and I have to use task mgr to get out.

I have tried all the usual culprits like the win update file KB2670838 (not there), have rerun the direct x, DotNet fx 40 client, and VC redist from the redist folder. Have reloaded the game from disc. Dumped the 1Csoft folder, etc ...etc..

This is a brand new rig
Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo
i7 Ivy Bridge 3770k
16g ram
SSD boot drive with Steam on it
evga gtx 670FTW
Win7 64

This the event log when it stops.
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 4/3/2013 5:23:07 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Owner-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_Launcher, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d6e3d08
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x944
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce30c1f6d13709
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7058cee0-9cb5-11e2-9509-94de8060f964
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-03T23:23:07.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>14326</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Owner-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Launcher.exe_Launcher</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>4d6e3d08</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>6.1.7601.18015</Data>
<Data>50b83c8a</Data>
<Data>e0434352</Data>
<Data>0000c41f</Data>
<Data>944</Data>
<Data>01ce30c1f6d13709</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>7058cee0-9cb5-11e2-9509-94de8060f964</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I've run out of things to try. Seriously bumming out.

Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Z

Try this, it worked for me.

To 'fix' this then you can tweak Windows to give you some more memory if you're on a 32-bit system but have 4 GB of real RAM. I'd guess that if your video card is quite substantial, i.e. 1GB+ then this would help you too if you've ever had crashes.

Here's the how-to from Microsoft (mainly for people who think that a guy called FearlessFrog isn't someone you should take O/S change advice from, I know I wouldn't):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316739

Here's some tech info if you've got no mates:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/03/23/memory-management-demystifying-3gb.aspx

Here's how to do it if you're human (Vista/Win7 32-bit):

Enable 3GB switch

- Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.

At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart the computer.

To disable the 3GB switch:

- Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.

At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
Restart the computer.

What this does is let's CoD use more memory. The upside should be stability (if that's the issue) in CoD and the downside is that some older application will not play well with this mode. If you find you have an issue then do the 'disable 3GB switch' bit.

Finally, changing the O/S settings isn't a big deal but be prepared for the worse if your hair catches fire, i.e. perhaps backup stuff (actually, back up stuff anyway).

I_B_Spectre
Sep-26-2013, 18:18
I only recently figured to give CloD a try after seeing the amazing things TF have been doing since the end of "official" support. My aging system is able to run it if I scale down some of the eye candy, but from what I'm reading, even guys running i7 platforms have problems with the launcher stopping functioning. This afternoon, I read the details of the launcher crash dialog box and, for what it's worth, this is what it said:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Launcher.exe_Launcher
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d6e3d08
Fault Module Name: core.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 507eb270
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001defa2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

It's all Greek to me, but maybe someone knowledgeable in code can find some nuggets in it. I'm running an Intel quad core Q8200 @ 2.3GHz, 4GB of RAM, a 1GB GT560 SE video card and Win7 Ultimate 32-bit. I've been told I would likely benefit from going to Win7 64-bit and upping the RAM to 8GB. Reading the issues people are having with far more capable machines than mine has me wondering if it would be worth the trouble and expense. Here's hoping the next TF update with code improvements provides some relief from the dreaded launcher crash. :ilike:

ATAG_Knuckles
Sep-26-2013, 18:46
I still get them: at this point its wierd, I can have like four in a 10 minute period then fly for and hour with no crashes, I m sure there is an answer, so Im still looking

dburne
Sep-27-2013, 20:24
I have just gotten really into the sim over the last week, was on vacation so was able to log a few hours with it. So far <knocking on wood> I have not experienced a launcher crash. Course I probably just jinxed myself.

zyklonBoy!
Jan-21-2014, 09:24
hi. if you updated your video card, did you also upgrade your powersupply? i was crashing at first after being in the game just a couple minutes. then i realized my power supply wasn't keeping up. answer was a device called 'add2psu', for adding another power supply and having both power supplies turn on and off together. after joining the power supplies together, i run a new 680 watt power supply to my video card only, and the original 620 watt runs everything else. game has run perfect since....

bolox
Jan-22-2014, 04:03
Can I add another potential cause of CTD: Samsung magician software:stunned:

I've just added an ssd to my system and used the migration software (which works very well).
Playing CoD however I started to get CTD's under certain circumstances- on every version of CoD I have (more than a few- going back to orig game) regardless of which drive it was stored on. This was something I very rarely got before change and was a different type- it was giving an application hang error- which I don't think I've ever seen before
After lots of head scratching and messing around (including redoing the migration), closing this piece of software down seems to have cured CTD's.
On installation this software automatically starts up on boot so closing it down manually after startup was one test. This cured CTD's. Program has since been removed from startup- and touch wood, no CTD's since.

I would also like to point out his program changes power profiles when optimizing system for ssd,- this doesn't seem to be the cause of CTD's (was one of the first things I checked) but is something to be aware of.

RCextra
Feb-25-2014, 20:05
Hello All,

Just installed IL2-ClOD on a budget gaming rig I built (details below). I get a constant launcher crash when the game tries to start any mission ("Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close"). Installed from Steam on Win XP SP3. The game starts and I can navigate through the Main Menus just fine, set video, sound options, ext.... Can also select missions and when I click on Fly the game starts loading, I can see the backround landscape and the progress bar gets up to about 95% and boom (Launcher encountered problem and needs to close). Same spot every time!

All the fixes I've read seem to do with Win 7, this is on an XP machine. Just need to know if this can even run on XP (specs say it can) or am I wasting my time? Don't have Win 7 here and really don't want to buy it just to play this. I have not installed any TF patches yet, wanted to make sure the game could at least run before adding in those variables.

Also tried loading the game on my older PC and get the exact same result. Both PC's are loaded with the same Win XP, I cloned my older PC HDD to the new rig and updated all the chipset and video drivers.

Appreciate any insight someone might have as to running on Win XP. Also like to say what a great sight this is, very informative. I loved the old MS CFS series, never Knew about IL2 until now. I use to fly myself, but I stayed on the ground and flew my fleet of RC planes (1/4 and 1/3 scale).

New Rig (Don't laugh, though you might chuckle compared to the rigs I've seen here):
Ivy Bridge Pentium G2030 dual core @ 3.0Ghz, Asus P8B75-M MB, 4G dual channel HyperX DDR3-1333 ram, GTX 650 1G, 1TB WD Blue HDD, Antec-450 PSU, Display Samsung HDTV via HDMI running 1366x768 (desktop and game).

Older PC:
Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz, MSI P45-Neo3 MB, 4G dual channel DDR2 ram. Radeon HD 4870 1G, Seagate 500G HDD, Antec-500 PSU, Display Samsung HDTV via HDMI running 1366x768 (desktop and game).

Thnx... Hope to see ya over the channel,
RCextra

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-25-2014, 20:10
XP seems to be the bottleneck there. Is it a Xp 32 or 64bits? And by default Xp 32 bits only uses 2 Gig of ram. Since you own a 4G dual channel HyperX DDR3-1333 ram you must consider to put on the "switch".

Cant you update your operative system?

I am unsure you can do this on XP, but give it a go or look on google

To enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vistaâ„¢ or Windows 7:

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart the computer.

RCextra
Feb-25-2014, 20:31
Yes it is XP 32 bit. Sorry, forgot to mention that. I know 32 bit OS won't see the whole 4G but my XP sees 3.6G of ram. Just tried the bcdedit command, XP doesn't recognize the command. Windows must have added that after XP.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Should I try adding the patches now or do you think I should wait until I at least get the vanilla Steam version working first? Trying to stay hopefull here :doh:

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-25-2014, 20:38
Check if you have a folder in C:\Mydocuments\YOURPCNAME\1c Cliffs of dover

if you have that folder maybe its worth a try, but keep your hopes low. The game performs best @Win7 64 bits.

I ask again... any reason not to go to win764?

RCextra
Feb-25-2014, 21:05
Win 7 is about $100 bucks :( Tis the only reason. Use to get all that stuff free through work before I became disabled. No work... no free OS!

And yes, I've got that folder here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<me>\My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Game is installed in the Steam Apps\Common dir:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-25-2014, 21:07
Give it a try.. since you have to install and launch after each patch, meaning install 3.0, launch, install 3.01, launch.. try till there. See if works with those before going for a big download which is 4.0.

Best luck, but again, keep those hopes low.

Ibis
Mar-19-2014, 04:55
quote by GOZR
there is an Windows update that make the problem with SweetFX the update"KB2670838", I uninstalled this update and finally now CLOD run great .
-------------------------------------------
I haven't been able to play COD for many months and gave up in the end. But after reading the above post I tried it even though I don't run SweetFX
and it worked.
So those with launcher freeze or crash give it a try.

cheers,
Ibis

Mastiff
Mar-21-2014, 15:04
I have found not setting the native resolution to the desktop recommended settings causes
Launcher crashes for me

illyasse
Apr-15-2014, 13:49
i have ram 4gb core i3 nvidia geforce 410m(1024Mo) windows 7 familial premiem x64 bit a laptop but thr game doesn't launch i need your help

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-15-2014, 14:00
i have ram 4gb core i3 nvidia geforce 410m(1024Mo) windows 7 familial premiem x64 bit a laptop but thr game doesn't launch i need your help

too weak of gpu, thats like a 6800.....

inferno493
May-26-2014, 13:27
Same thing here. Launcher.exe crashes anywhere from 30 minutes to 30 seconds after I get into the sim. Doesn't seem to happen until after I start the engine. I've gone through the forum over the past couple of days and tried every fix I could find to no avail. Resolution makes no difference. It runs beautifully with medium settings for a bit until crash. I haven't had trouble like this with a sim since BoB II WoV. Just seeing if anyone had come up with a magic bullet since the last flurry of posts.

Mobo: MSI MS-7752
CPU: i5-3550@3.3GHz (unclocked)
RAM: 16GB
Video:AMD Radeon HD 6900 4GB
O/S: Win7 64bit

Koala63
Jun-15-2014, 02:37
I have found not setting the native resolution to the desktop recommended settings causes
Launcher crashes for me

Serendipity! For some reason I read this wrong the first time and thought it said, "not setting refresh rate to the desktop recommended settings causes Launcher crashes...".

Anyways, I checked my game resolution and mine was set to 1920 x 1080 at 60hz. I checked my native and it was set to 1920 x 1080 at 59hz. So I changed my in-game resolution to a matching 1920 x 1080 at 59hz and have just played three hours worth of single missions without a single Launcher crash!

For at least the last six months I have been unable to get more that 10 minutes without a Launcher crash and usually lock up before I finished taxiing to the runway. I've been heartbroken that CloD has, for me, been unplayable.

Thanks Mastiff for somehow pointing me to what (so far) seems to be a fantastic and simple fix to a complete show stopper.

S!

Edit/Postscript:

Erm... still good after 5 or so hours single play but failed the multiplay test. Launcher crash after 15 mins on a relatively empty ATAG server. Still can't enjoy whats best about CloD - online play. :(

Metabo
Feb-16-2015, 00:55
I know this is an old thread, but I started experiencing the 'freeze' I tried everything to no avail. I found if I launch the game straight from the Launcher.exe, not through steam, I do not get the freeze anymore and I went from 30% cpu usage to 16% cpu usage while running the game in mp. This was an easy solution to a hair pulling problem. I hope this information helps someone else in the future.

Metabo

UPDATE: (2/26/2015) I'm afraid I experienced more freeze's after doing the above mentioned trick. I have solved the problem though. I completely uninstalled CLoD and reinstalled a vanilla copy and reinstalled the Team Fusion mods. I was afraid this would be a lot of work, but it went pretty fast. I had saved all the mods in a folder just encase something like this came up. I found that after doing this I had no freezes at all that would cause me to use task manager to close down the game. Also it seems that my video image looks much better and I now run every thing at max settings with no lag at all.

ATAG_Lolsav
Feb-16-2015, 05:50
Thanks for the info Metabo. Actually i made myself a shortcut to "Launcher.exe" so long ago when i say "Launch the game" i never say - "make a short cut and launch the game", which i do and i rarely have a stutter (well i do when the ships move and i get close - but thats the only time).

RCAF_FB_Chevy
Jun-01-2015, 16:51
Thanks for the info Metabo. Actually i made myself a shortcut to "Launcher.exe" so long ago when i say "Launch the game" i never say - "make a short cut and launch the game", which i do and i rarely have a stutter (well i do when the ships move and i get close - but thats the only time).

Salute everyone

Just read all your thread about launcher/crash problems and here is what is happening to me. Just got frustrated of many months of being kicked out of the game after about 5 to 10 min of flight(Online server only). I checked all the do things listed up there and went on and verified integrity of the game from Steam. Sure as hell there was 327 file missing so I fixed it all. when I start the game over she was back in 1.11 version so I installed all the updated in the right order.

I just got online with the proper ver to match ATAG server and logged in. After a few minutes of flight I was freezing again and ctrl alt del told me the launcher was at fault again.

So I went and checked the integrity of the game with steam for fun and there was this 327 files missing again.

I never had this issue before 3.12 patch and since everyone is flying on it, the only way to get in the air with real human counterpart is under this patch. But for the last couple of months now this as proven impossible.

As nobody seems to be able to fix this problem, as it been suggested to loose 3.12 until the fix is found? I would be sorry to stop this flight sim but it brings back flash back of Il-2 1946 when for every 1 hour of flight I would need 10 hours of computer fixing or finding solution to problems brought by all the patchs and updates.

I have now 20k battles in WOT(World of tanks) and the main reason is that everybody plays on the same patch that works fine for everyone at all time in the same server.

My other concern with this issue, is that with so many WW2 game played(Il-2 1946, Cliffs of Dover, Battle of Stalingrad, DCS, and now Moscow in sights) with so many patches and possibility of messed up riggs, we end up diluting the flight sim community so thin that we end up with 100 plus sever with 10 flyers max in each.

Sorry for venting up here, but that's really frustrating not being able to find a solution, By the way I now fly Battle of Stalingrad as an alternative, but it can't match Cliffs of Dover in my opinion.

Thanks for any help, hope I did not offend anybody, it was not the idea.

Cheers, Chevy

ATAG_Lolsav
Jun-01-2015, 19:00
Hi Chevy. The doctor says you present the classic kb2670838 sympthoms.

Solution and cure: Uninstall windows update kb 2670838 and make sure it never comes back again. This specific update is known for causing troubles in more than 1 game. It was a Microsoft update for preparation of a Internet Explorer upgrade and it just creates havoc among windows 7 users.

To uninstall update go to "Control Panel", look for MS installed updates and use the search box to locate the "un"desired update. Locate and exterminate. You should be ready to fly without hassle from now on.

RCAF_FB_Chevy
Jun-02-2015, 12:11
Hi Chevy. The doctor says you present the classic kb2670838 sympthoms.

Solution and cure: Uninstall windows update kb 2670838 and make sure it never comes back again. This specific update is known for causing troubles in more than 1 game. It was a Microsoft update for preparation of a Internet Explorer upgrade and it just creates havoc among windows 7 users.

To uninstall update go to "Control Panel", look for MS installed updates and use the search box to locate the "un"desired update. Locate and exterminate. You should be ready to fly without hassle from now on.

Thx for your help, but I have seen it in the past and no change after removal. Still get kicked after 5 to 10 min of flight

Win7 64 bit home edition
8 gig of ram
Pentium 7 920
XFX ATI Radeon 6950 2 gig of ram( in overdrive or not) same results
glass case with view on fan, and turning at kick out moment no over heat
Driver up to date on all
Power supply thermaltake 750 W
Heat sink HAVIK 120 dual fan and running
SSD hard drive from Samsung, but did it also with previous disk

ATAG_Lolsav
Jun-02-2015, 13:02
Disable any software that can interfere with the game. Any overlay, as in "Raptor" from ATI/AMD software, or even STEAM overlay. Those usually are number 2 culprits.

RCAF_FB_Chevy
Jun-02-2015, 16:16
Disable any software that can interfere with the game. Any overlay, as in "Raptor" from ATI/AMD software, or even STEAM overlay. Those usually are number 2 culprits.

I just click off overlay from Steam and in the in game setting it was telling me to go from 5000 ping setting to a lower one if I had problems with a server, so I will try now at 1500 max ping and let you know the result.

I even turn down C Cleaner and Rasor comms to be on the safe side. Power sense that came with my hard drive is set at Ultra performance Gaming, but even off I get kicked out.

I checked my firewall and just like WOT, Cliffs of Dover is there and aloud thru.

ATAG_Lolsav
Jun-02-2015, 16:29
Dont forget the "Raptor" software from AMD/ATI. Those interfere with the game (i also have a AMD card and i know it made strange stuff to my game).

RCAF_FB_Chevy
Jun-02-2015, 20:27
Dont forget the "Raptor" software from AMD/ATI. Those interfere with the game (i also have a AMD card and i know it made strange stuff to my game).

Thx for your advices Lolsav, After shuting down the Steam overlay, I was able to do my first 20 min flight in over 4 months. On my first one, I was kicked out for the old classic (connection with the remote host was lost, time out), It brought a smile on my face as I knew right there things were improving. I did two more flight with the ATAG Server and God did I mist doing that.

I have seen a file called Raptr, but it was empty, and I can't search and remove the program, I looked in Window install remove program but it was not there.

I do not see it in the AMD files or in any list of programs on my PC.

If you have any suggestions, I will follow them to the T.

Again, thx for the outstanding support, Yes I like BOS, but Cliffs of Dover is something else and I love it plain and simple. Long life to ATAG, you rock.

Chevy

ATAG_Lolsav
Jun-02-2015, 21:13
Thx for your advices Lolsav, After shuting down the Steam overlay, I was able to do my first 20 min flight in over 4 months.

I was happy to read that :)

On my first one, I was kicked out for the old classic (connection with the remote host was lost, time out)

It could happen for several reasons, 2 of them very logic. Or the mission was over and the server rebooted and kicks evryone out (wasnt just you in that case), or there was a STEAM hickup and kicks evryone out of the server.

On a worse case scenario im a bit worried about the high pings your reported previously. What kind of internet connection do you have? Are you sure your bandwith isnt beeing hogged by some other programs? Or (lets hope not) you have some kind of virus who is stealing away your bandwith? Either the way its best to do a checkup, with a free program called "Malwarebytes" - get the free version and do a checkup on your PC.

Link: https://www.malwarebytes.org