PDA

View Full Version : Plane marks dissapearing

FAE_Cazador
Apr-04-2013, 11:34
Hi, I have noted that when looking at my wingmen, the planes show no marks. Only if you look using the closer FOV the closer plane show them . See this formation of Spits from Medium FOV:

None of them are showing marks.

Just switching to the closer FOV

Only the closer Spit shows marks.

Is it a bug? Is my video config? I have setup all video properties in MEDIUM, no AA, no SSAO. I am using a 1.5 GB EVGA GTX580 card with 306.97 drivers.

Thanks for your answers

Cheers!

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-04-2013, 11:44
Is it a bug? Is my video config? I have setup all video properties in MEDIUM, no AA, no SSAO. I am using a 1.5 GB EVGA GTX580 card with 306.97 drivers.

Cheers!

I suspect Video config.
Try changing the textures to original.

FAE_Cazador
Apr-04-2013, 12:54
Thanks Phil. I did it, but no way, same result.

Robo.
Apr-04-2013, 13:11
No, this is a LOD issue with the RAF planes, the video settings have no effect on that. Unfortunately, the markings simply disappear too early. Something to be looked at in the next TF release hopefully :thumbsup:

FAE_Cazador
Apr-04-2013, 13:21
Allright! . I thought the LOD problem affected to the full plane model, not only the marks. It seems that at shorter distances like those, this LOD issue is affecting even the marks.

:(

DaRat
Apr-04-2013, 14:00
Me and a buddy had the exact same thing, this fixed it: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28085 :salute:

FAE_Cazador
Apr-04-2013, 16:06
Me and a buddy had the exact same thing, this fixed it: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28085 :salute:

I tried this when it was posted and noted a loss of 15 FPS (49 to 34) in TheBlackDeath track, and I was not sure whether visibility was improving or not , so I kept MeshShowlod=0. However, at that time I did not realize this markings issue. I will give it a try again.

My contacts also dissappear at some distance (typical LOD issue), curiously enemy Me-109 fighters, but not Heinkels or Dorniers (they are bigger, right?, LOL) so I have reduced video size from 1920x1080 to 1366x768 and increased VisibiltiyDistance from 3 to 5, following Mr Bliss advice and I believe I can see better the contacts (not really 100% sure, though) . But this markings issue is annoying me. It is no big deal, though, just disappointing when you try to get a nice screenshot, and kills inmersion, indeed.

FAE_Cazador
Apr-09-2013, 09:58
I have realized the this "disappearing marks" problem only happen with the 609Sq_Low Campaign of Wick vs Dundas Desastersoft Add-On. In other offline missions, even in this package, this does not happen. Could it be an problem of the customized skins issued for this campaing (609 Sq Spitfires)? . I will check Desastersoft forums. Definitively, I believe it is not be related to the LOD bug.

Thanks for the feedback.