PDA

View Full Version : Installing the Hun in the Sun Campaign (74 squadron) with new mod?

Blitzen
Apr-04-2013, 15:10
That pretty much says it all.I haven't had much luck getting this campaign to install & wonder if I need to do a few things differently with the newly ATAG modded install?:recon:

ATAG_Torian
Apr-05-2013, 08:05
Well starting with the most obvious.....are u directing the install to the mission folder in "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover Mod" folder in Documents--->1C SoftClub and not the stock "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder ?

Blitzen
Apr-05-2013, 11:21
Well starting with the most obvious.....are u directing the install to the mission folder in "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover Mod" folder in Documents--->1C SoftClub and not the stock "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder ?

Yes...I assume I install at least part of this to the _mod folder...but do I still put anything in the Steam/steamapps/common/etc etc folder?:recon:

ATAG_Torian
Apr-05-2013, 23:15
Here's a link to a post by the campaigns creator on installing to the TF mod

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/forumsocial/26-campaigns-missions-w-i-p-and-latest-releases/1403-tf-mod-and-huninthesun-campaigns-missions

ATAG_Torian
Apr-05-2013, 23:27
I just did a copy & paste straight from the readme. Pretty straight forward just remembering to to place the designated files into the Mod folder instead of the stock folder in 1C SoftClub.

How To Install HunInTheSuns Spitfire and Hurricane
RAF Campaigns
This installation consists of a new 36-mission Spitfire campaign and a repackaged copy of the 32
Squadron Hurricane campaign.
The installation procedure will add a new entry HunInTheSuns RAF Campaigns to the In Game
Single Player menu.
You will need to locate two file folders on your PC: first, the installation folder for the game. This is
usually:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
If you have a 64 bit operating system then it will be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
The second location to find is the folder under your My Documents folder where the game installs
and maintains user specific files. This would usually be:
1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
To install these campaigns:
1) Unzip the downloaded file to a temporary location. Note that the unzipped file contains 3 folders

Campaign-parts
Campaign-addIns
Campaign-mission
2) Find the Parts subfolder under the game program folders:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts
Or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts
Copy the huninthesun subfolder from the unzipped files campaign-parts folder to the games parts
folder.
3) Find the AddIns subfolder under the game program folders:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\AddIns
Or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\AddIns
Copy the file huninthesun.campaign.xml from the unzipped files campaign-addins folder to the
games AddIns folder.
4) Find the game folder 1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission under your Documents
library. NB this is the mission folder, not the missions folder.
Copy the huninthesun folder from the unzipped files campaign-mission folder to the
1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission
folder. If you drill down through these folders you find all they contain is a simple state.ini file for
each of the two campaigns.
To uninstall the campaigns:
If you just want to remove the campaigns from the menu then simply delete the
huninthesun.campaign.xml file from the Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of
dover\AddIns folder.
No harm is done by leaving the other files and folders in place but you can simply delete them if you
want to.

PaulRS
Jan-03-2015, 15:34
H'mm still having problems with this install. I've followed the instructions to the letter. The CG is listed in the Single player Campaigns list on the menu but when I click on it nothing happens???

cheers

Paul

PaulRS
Jan-04-2015, 08:29
Sorted :D Unblocked the Dlls and it worked like a dream, although I suspect the number of a/c in the missions will bring my PC to its knees :stunned::stunned:

i72700K 3.8Ghz overclocked with GTX980 in overclock mode.... ouch!

Brilliant work guys, just brilliant! :pcguy::flying: