PDA

View Full Version : Anything new?

priller26
Apr-04-2013, 22:36
Just curious if anyone has any info as to what may or may not be in the works, the Malta tidbit does have me excited!

Uwe
Apr-05-2013, 02:08
That's bordering on bad form.
These guys did awesome work for all of us to enjoy. Hopefully they bare taking a break to enjoy the fruits of that labor.
When they have something to tell us, they will.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Apr-05-2013, 02:16
Just curious if anyone has any info as to what may or may not be in the works, the Malta tidbit does have me excited!

We can't promise updates every week, if you don't see something posted, you can just assume we are continuing to work on the project.

That's what happened through December/January prior to our first announcements, we were just grinding away, same thing can be expected now.

As well, many of the TF members have been taking a well deserved break for the last 3 weeks, only working a few nights a week.

Additionally, some of the advances the team is making would not make very good visual eye candy... Lines of text which may be exciting to someone who has spent many hours to discover a new way of working with a previously unknown program aren't going to make a big splash here.

Rather than get your hopes up with posts and giving the impression we are on the point of releasing something, better for us to wait till we are a little more certain of our progress and timeline.

We are hoping to release a minor update to fix bugs and issues people have noticed in the first release in the next short while, but nothing which changes the fundamentals of the patch.

I would estimate we are at least 3-4 months away from anything major.

priller26
Apr-05-2013, 07:05
We can't promise updates every week, if you don't see something posted, you can just assume we are continuing to work on the project.

That's what happened through December/January prior to our first announcements, we were just grinding away, same thing can be expected now.

As well, many of the TF members have been taking a well deserved break for the last 3 weeks, only working a few nights a week.

Additionally, some of the advances the team is making would not make very good visual eye candy... Lines of text which may be exciting to someone who has spent many hours to discover a new way of working with a previously unknown program aren't going to make a big splash here.

Rather than get your hopes up with posts and giving the impression we are on the point of releasing something, better for us to wait till we are a little more certain of our progress and timeline.

We are hoping to release a minor update to fix bugs and issues people have noticed in the first release in the next short while, but nothing which changes the fundamentals of the patch.

I would estimate we are at least 3-4 months away from anything major.

Thanks much! :)

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-05-2013, 07:08
Good stuff, Buzzsaw! :thumbsup:

priller26
Apr-05-2013, 07:09
That's bordering on bad form.
These guys did awesome work for all of us to enjoy. Hopefully they bare taking a break to enjoy the fruits of that labor.
When they have something to tell us, they will.

Please...point to me where I said they did anything other than exceptional work. They have been upfront with the forum members and have done all they said they would, and much more, unlike the previous devs. Bad form? Hardly, I think I am allowed just as anyone else to inquire what may or may not be new, and certainly didn't ask for you opinion. I hope they are taking a long break from their hard work, well deserved,[ please take a break from your snipes. If not..maybe you can just ask next time, and I'll wait patiently for you to pass me the info to me...but I'll consult the Miss Manners book and make sure thats good form, cool with you?]

Moderator's edit: Your point was well put before my parenthesis. To both parties; please don't let this thread devolve into a banana forum slugfest.

TheVino3
Apr-05-2013, 07:14
Please...point to me where I said they did anything other than exceptional work. They have been upfront with the forum members and have done all they said they would, and much more, unlike the previous devs. Bad form? Hardly, I think I am allowed just as anyone else to inquire what may or may not be new, and certainly didn't ask for you opinion. I hope they are taking a long break from their hard work, well deserved, please take a break from your snipes.

What I assume he meant was that its academic to post threads asking about progress, and that if there is anything to post we will post it. Its better to keep this to actual progress threads or discussion threads I suppose - otherwise we'll end up with a forum of threads asking about progress instead of actual progress threads :)

priller26
Apr-05-2013, 07:25
Well..you all did wonderful work, very impressive, and I'm now playing this sim frequently, like it was meant to be, I applaud all the time effort that went into the project, and shall follow eagerly what comes down the road. I do appreciate all the updates and such. Thanks again!

Kodoss
Apr-05-2013, 10:35
If you want a Friday update, here is one...

Added Use of bombs (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=usebomb) and German Fuses (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=gerfuses) to the German Flight Manuals Wiki.

Happy bombing.:D

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-05-2013, 15:40
If you want a Friday update, here is one...

Added Use of bombs (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=usebomb) and German Fuses (http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=gerfuses) to the German Flight Manuals Wiki.

Happy bombing.:D

I noticed this addition last night Kodoss, excellent work my friend!

Torric270
Apr-08-2013, 16:34
Ju88 bombing manual http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ju88bomb

DUI
Apr-09-2013, 09:44
Nicely written and very informative, thanks!

Btw: If I am trying to enter the bombsight of a Ju88 I am always getting a launcher crash. In a He111 this also can happen but only if I switched through a lot of gunner positions before. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

Torric270
Apr-09-2013, 10:38
Nicely written and very informative, thanks!

Btw: If I am trying to enter the bombsight of a Ju88 I am always getting a launcher crash. In a He111 this also can happen but only if I switched through a lot of gunner positions before. Am I the only one to experience this problem?

I have had this happen every now and then. I switched video cards, it happened less, I switched to track ir, it doesn't happen.

Also see. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36759

DUI
Apr-09-2013, 13:22
After some testing the information on your linked page seems to have solved the problem. As advised I am now trying to program my joystick the way that it always centers the view before switching to the bombsight.

Thanks a lot, Torric270! :ilike: