PDA

View Full Version : Combat Footage - Gun Cam

Muffin
Apr-05-2013, 17:02
Heres a Gun camera video I made inspired by Lowe's work. I hope you like it. I would love some constructive criticism/advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcbb9-XP1Oc

Oersted
Apr-05-2013, 18:00
Overall superb, excellent, very atmospheric, great choice of music!

I think the ground attack clips work better when you don't fly completely horizontal and when you don't aim at the same spot. The one at 4:20 onwards is great because of the angle and the "walking tracers".

The one starting at 0:15 has a bit too violent maneuvering. Looks a bit too gamey with the multiple snaprolls. More realistic to have less violent rolling, less fast maneuvers.

Train attack clip at 5:30 is too long and it is unrealistic that you happily fly through trees.

Ending rather abrupt ;-)

Muffin
Apr-05-2013, 20:13
Thanks for the feedback Oersted! I do apologize about the abrupt ending, I had a slight rendering error at the end so I had to trim it out in the youtube editor. Thank you very much for the feedback. Any progress with our JU88 Raid ? :D

Muffin

Oersted
Apr-05-2013, 23:46
Unfortunately not good enough footage for a movie. The track doesn't render correctly (bombs missing ships). Also various problems with track rendering + real life issues means movie-making is a bit on the backburner atm...

Good we have others like you to carry on the torch :-)

BENTYx
Apr-06-2013, 00:10
don't like the cam :(

Muffin
Apr-06-2013, 00:55
don't like the cam :(

Do you mean the color? I can easily change that.

BENTYx
Apr-06-2013, 01:17
No I mean the Gun cam
I like the color. But I prefer to see the cockpit :D

Lowe
Apr-06-2013, 19:17
Yeeah! Finally a GOOD GUN CAM WITH EXCELLENT FPS! Great work Muffin! You made something I can't :( I have no way of making such a good video because of my pc specs. Although I could try going to a friend's house who has a good rig... If you have more free time, can you make another one very very old black and white? :)

9./JG52 Reinhart
Nov-01-2013, 23:16
I LOVE gun cam videos, great work :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
Nov-02-2013, 00:00
I LOVE gun cam videos, great work :thumbsup:

+1 good job :thumbsup:

TheVino3
Nov-02-2013, 04:48
I think the ground attack clips work better when you don't fly completely horizontal and when you don't aim at the same spot.

I dont know...Ive seen some pretty ballsy gun camera attacks now and then :)

Roblex
Nov-02-2013, 05:09
Loved it. I don't want to see slo-mos of fighters getting into position, I just want to see the destruction! Lol! I tried to find a good guncam program but the ones I used to use don't work with CLOD :-(

Am I the only person that has never seen a train? You would think that with that steam it would be very easy to see. Maybe I need the 'effects' on maximum?

This vid also adds another nail in the coffin of the '111s are indestructable!' mob :-P