PDA

View Full Version : Lofte bombsight bugs

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-07-2013, 07:30
Maybe due to changes in atmospherics in the mod or something else but when correct information is entered into the Lofte the bombs will fall ~200m short. This can be compensated by series length or by significantly underestimating TAS but it would be nice to have the Lofte operate correctly. To replicate take He 111 and drop a single bomb and note the impact. If proper TAS and altitude over target are used the bomb will land short of the point of aim.

Another bug, but this is an old one, is the bomb automation will drop additional bombs when series mode is used. For example, I set series length to 2 and the Lofte will drop 2 bombs. However, if the Lofte automation is not disabled before it reaches the point that it turns itself off, it will release another 2 bombs.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-07-2013, 11:17
Are you compensating for the elevation of target?

Which bombs are you using, 50kg or 250kg?

The bombsight works the same for me in TF 3.0 as it does in the Steam version.

9./JG52 Lopp
Apr-07-2013, 13:43
I have the same problem as Notafinger spoke about, correct indicated speed and elevation seem to make my bomb fall short. Same also when dropping a series when automation kicks out more bombs drop.

DUI
Apr-09-2013, 09:07
Normally, I do not write this kind of comments, but as I made the same error myself: It is "LotFe" for "Lotfernrohr". :grandpa

I experienced too short falling bombs in missions made in the Flight Mission Builder the last time I tried it couple of months ago. On ATAG and SOW it looks quite fine to me. At least, there are some guys on these servers hitting a pin with their bombs. If they have to compensate speed or altitude settings in order to do so - no idea.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-09-2013, 11:22
Bombsight is calibrated for the 250kg bombs; 50kg bombs will always fall quite long.

Kodoss
Apr-09-2013, 13:14
The problem is that every bomb has another back drift. Also important is how are the bombs hung up.

Here are the formula for aim angle calculation.

As an example for the back drift calculation of a SC 250 (horizontal hung up) with IAS 300km/h at 4000m over target.

The R%-values are historically given as charts or as calculator devices (Abwurfrechengeraet AR.2 or AR.3).
The chart for the horizontal hung up SC 250.

For comparison the given R%-values for SC-50, SD-500 and SD-1000.