PDA

View Full Version : screen tearing.

ukBullTerrier
Apr-08-2013, 21:49
ok i got the patch installed, and sounds are great. the screen tearing is imposable. ive got a 680 and never had any problems having the game running really detailed, but now even putting the game on the lowest setting makes no difference to the screen tearing.
i am rapidly losing faith in why you guys have messed with something that wasnt even broken!
and to think i actually gave you lot money at xmas for running a great server, i wont make that mistake again!

DK_
Apr-08-2013, 22:00
You may be jumping to a conclusion, with all due respect. I think most, including myself, have seen improvement in performance with this patch. The exception, and I am included, are the MP maps that have the many and tall clouds where I get worse performance than before.

Perhaps it was a seemingly minor windows update that has caused the new problem, or an antivirus activity scan, or something running in the background on your system. Could be a video driver perhaps, dunno just trying to come up with a few things you might check into.

ATAG is a great community and I'm sure if you are willing to have some patience the community may very well come up with a solution to your problem.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Injerin
Apr-08-2013, 22:10
"Patience is a virtue"

Sounds to me like you need to adjust some of your Nvidia settings or update your drivers. If you could please list your system specs I could assist you, or someone else could. DK_ might also be right, you may have something running in the back ground that is causing your issue. There are plenty of resources here on the forums as far as graphical settings ect.

ATAG_Colander
Apr-08-2013, 22:28
Tearing is likely due to not having vsync enabled.

Ohms
Apr-08-2013, 22:32
Post your settings, someone may be able to point you in the direction of a fix. 99% don't have a problem with the patch. Some servers are not running the patch you could just uninstall and revert back but I think you will get some really good help if you post your settings.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-09-2013, 00:37
enable Vsync.

Muffin
Apr-09-2013, 01:28
Turn On VSYNC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osprey
Apr-09-2013, 08:33
Tearing is likely due to not having vsync enabled.

This.

Enable vsync. The 680 will handle it no probs.

ATAG_Lolsav
Apr-09-2013, 17:06
Has anyone suggested to turn VSynch ON yet? :-)

P.S. Let us know the results

Kling
Apr-10-2013, 06:55
Oh before the thread is abandoned i would just like you to try another thing, enable VSYNC!
I just love to come with different solutions! :)

Injerin
Apr-10-2013, 09:08
Well.....
VSYNC.....

:( you guys are a bad influence......................

ATAG_Colander
Apr-10-2013, 09:36
http://i.imgur.com/e8XgW.jpg

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-13-2013, 20:48
ok i got the patch installed, and sounds are great. the screen tearing is imposable. ive got a 680 and never had any problems having the game running really detailed, but now even putting the game on the lowest setting makes no difference to the screen tearing.
i am rapidly losing faith in why you guys have messed with something that wasnt even broken!
and to think i actually gave you lot money at xmas for running a great server, i wont make that mistake again!

Did you try enabling Vsynch and, if so, did it solve the tearing problem?

Black
Apr-14-2013, 05:57
Theres a slight chance that enabling Vsync might solve the problem!

Katdog5
Apr-14-2013, 17:07

http://static5.quoteswave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Think-before-you-speak.png

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-14-2013, 17:15
I'll let Katdog have the last word here.

The OP has not bothered to return here since the original post to check for a solution, clearly he just wanted to complain as he did earlier about the Team Fusion patch over at 1C. It's hard to understand people's motivations sometimes.

@ukBullTerrier - If you continue to have any problems with Clod + Team Fusion patch please PM me.