PDA

View Full Version : New player question: Track IR 5?

Fidd
Apr-10-2013, 11:42
Hi all,

Have just patched IL2/CLOD with the team-fusion mod, and am undertaking the (ghastly) process, with any flight-sim, of setting-up all the controls, views and so on. For a while I've been playing "Rise of Flight", and have been flirting with the idea of getting Track IR Pro 5. Does that work with CLOD, or do most of you use regular keymapping for sticks? My rig is a CH Pro Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals. As usual I'm trying to deal with unifying as many keymaps across numerous flight-sims, so that the gear can be selected with the same physical switch, if not the same actual command.

Very first impressions of CLOD are pretty good, the sound in particular, though the sound of a creaking airframe within a cockpit 4 feet from Merlin going fullchat seems a curious effect to model! The other reservation, was the reflections of the cockpit on the instrument cluster glass - shewing an empty seat! I can understand not modelling the pilot for ease of seeing the assorted bells and whistles neededin the cockpit, from the 1st person view, but do not see the benefit of modelling this reflection in the instrument glass which shows an empty seat back! Quite bizarre.

Anyway, no doubt there will be further questions as I grapple with keymaps and gradually make progress. See you in the unfriendly-skies in 6 months or so, on past form!

"Fidd" (via Air-Warrior, Aces High, WW2OL, Rise of Flight)

Gromit
Apr-10-2013, 11:45
Track IR 5 works fine Fidd, good luck with the key mapping, I hate setting up controls!

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-10-2013, 12:12
Not sure how you can fly CLOD without TrackIR ??????

Osprey
Apr-11-2013, 07:33
Oh you just use Freetrack or that nofacetrackir thingy......:thumbsup:

Fidd
Apr-11-2013, 10:02
Thanks for the advice chaps, have ordered track IR 5 and will delay mapping views etc until that's arrived.

GunSlingerAUS
Apr-13-2013, 09:06
You absolutely will not regret your purchase. I've been simming with the TrackIR since version 3, and it's simply astonishing how much more immersive it makes the gaming experience, not to mention how much easier it is to look around and maintain vis with contacts.

You're in for a treat!

ATAG_Naz
Apr-13-2013, 09:23
Completely agree with gunslinger .... I can't imagine simming without TrackIR now.... Adds so much to the immersion and for me it's one of those absolute must haves. You will love it mate :thumbsup:

Lensman
Apr-13-2013, 10:16
..what those guys said..plus

give yourself plenty of time to get used to it. It can seem kind of crazy first time you fire it up..but given time it will become natural and, as the other guys are saying..totally immersive!
:)