PDA

View Full Version : question about reflections

gavagai
Apr-10-2013, 19:07
Hi all,

I did a search but didn't find the exact answer I'm looking for.

If I increase the weathering on my aircraft skin, it decreases the reflections from my aircraft. What about other people? Does it mean that in multiplayer I can select 100% weathering and be more difficult to spot? How does it work for multiplayer? Thanks.

ATAG_Torian
Apr-11-2013, 04:20
If u fly a Brit plane then nothing short of a Klingon mod will help u :dazed!:

ATAG_Colander
Apr-11-2013, 11:53
Actually most of the reflections come from the glass which is not affected by weathering.

gavagai
Apr-11-2013, 14:47
Ok good to know. Any idea about what my opponents see, though? Do my choices affect them?

ATAG_Colander
Apr-11-2013, 15:59
In theory:

1.- A more weathered plane would have more metal exposed hence more mirror like spots.
2.- A more weathered plane would be more prone to mechanical failures.

In any case, I don't think the weathering choices will make you more or less visible to others.

14./JG5_Droz
Apr-11-2013, 17:26
Just the other day I was up flying and saw reflections off of the fuselage of a 747 about 5 miles away. Take that as you may.

Mattias
Apr-12-2013, 06:58
Ok good to know. Any idea about what my opponents see, though? Do my choices affect them?

:salute:

The difference is only noticable within 200-400 meters or so. Beyond that all planes look the same regardless of your weathering setting, so no need to worry about that -just set the slider to the value when you seel your plane looks the coolest :thumbsup:

Cheers/m