PDA

View Full Version : Maximize Damage with the 109

Royraiden
Apr-12-2013, 09:26
Hey guys, as some of you may know I just started playing online recently.During my last 2 sessions I managed to shoot down 2 bombers and a single fighter:1 AI spit, a human Blenheim and yesterday an AI Wellington.When I shot at the Blenheim I made several passes but it went down quickly, although I think it was already wounded before I started shooting at it.Now with the Wellington, I made like 10 passes, running out of cannon ammo and keeping at it with the mg's.After all my passes the most damage I did from what I saw was that the bomber lost it left aileron and that got it down slowly to a sort of gentle crash landing.Now in regards to my shooting, I was boom and zooming shooting only when the bomber filled out my my gunsight and I kept shooting as I got closer to the point that I was passing just a few feet from the bomber.I aimed for the cockpit and at the engines. Im sure that I got pretty solid hits on every single pass with both the mg's and the cannons.So my question is, is it possible to get down a bomber with fewer passes?If so what am I doing wrong?I recorded my whole session yesterday so Im going to watch it or maybe upload it after I fiddle with the external view thing so you guys can judge my attacks.

II/JG53_TarJak
Apr-12-2013, 09:47
A Wellington can be brought down in one pass with just MG's if you hit it in the right spot. The weakness of the Wellington is the engines. The airframe can sustain a lot of damage so you have to carefully aim for the weaknesses.

Royraiden
Apr-12-2013, 09:58
Thanks for the tip Tarjak, Ill focus more on the engines.

Continu0
Apr-12-2013, 13:36
Yes, do the wellingtons trough the engines... and make sure to bring ammunition that causes fire (phosphor, etc...)

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-12-2013, 13:57
better yet take a 110 with 240 cannon you take a whole flight of willies and be home for lunch.

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-12-2013, 14:47
I have news for you Royraiden, there are no AI fighters in the ATAG server; looks like you got your first air victory against a player! Congrats!

:clap:

The reason that the server says "AI Spitfire" is because the player had left the plane before it crashed or before it de-spawned.

Royraiden
Apr-12-2013, 16:09
I have news for you Royraiden, there are no AI fighters in the ATAG server; looks like you got your first air victory against a player! Congrats!

:clap:

The reason that the server says "AI Spitfire" is because the player had left the plane before it crashed or before it de-spawned.

:O Yay!!!!! Although I have to admit it was a shared kill,but nonetheless I cant believe it.Time to check out those recorded tracks.

Muffin
Apr-13-2013, 00:50
Make sure to use the M-Geschoss cannon ammunition - It's explosive!

ATAG_Naz
Apr-13-2013, 09:27
Congratulations on your first kill mate !! Well done :salute: