PDA

View Full Version : Microstutters?

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Apr-12-2013, 16:59
Just wondering if anyone else can confirm this, or has solutions for it. I've heard the term micro-stutters, but I am not sure if people are talking about the stutter that you might get from too many aircraft spawning in (probably inevitable) or what I am experiencing:

I've been noticing a lot of small, quick stutters in flight. Basically, if I look out of the side of my aircraft at the edge of my wing, it looks like the ground is stuttering beneath me. It almost seem as thoughs I am playing the game at a very low FPS, but I am generally getting around 45-60 fps.

When I went to record this, I was using FRAPS, (which locks my framerate at 30). So for the recording, there was no stuttering. I thought it was unusual because FRAPS generally drops my framerate by quite a bit.

So, I think this choppiness has to do with the frame rate fluctuating. The only things that seem to decrease it are things that give me either a solid 30 or 60fps (Such as flying at high altitude or lowering my resolution). I thought Vsync might help, but it doesn't make any difference.

92 Cdt. Kiwikillemoff (QJ-Z)
Apr-12-2013, 17:35
Hey mate...have you tried this....

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806

vranac
Apr-12-2013, 20:13
What is your PC configuraton ?

I dont have slowdowns when recording with Fraps.
And the strange thing is that lock your FPS on 30.

Alexx78
Apr-14-2013, 08:08
And i had microstutters after installing FT MOD 3.0. Fell back to Steam version solutions to problem (my config in signature, driver Catalyst 13.2 Beta6)

1lokos
Apr-14-2013, 14:02
Allexx78

I have the same issues.
I think the "culprit" is: HD7970...

Sokol1

Alexx78
Apr-15-2013, 04:03
'Maddox Games' for very long at one time sought and eliminated microstutters only in their last patch did it. and now they're back. 'Fusion Team' hope to fix this in future, in cards including 'Radeon'

102.VO_Herr_Laca
Apr-16-2013, 15:28
Hello everyone!
This problem is for me.:doh:
ASUS HD 7970 DC II Topp

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Apr-16-2013, 22:57
Hey mate...have you tried this....

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806

Yes, I did this when I installed the patch.

Running a nvidia GTX 480 and a AMD FX 8350 4 GHz with 8gb DDR3

I played again today and was getting a range of 45-90 FPS. It usually only happens when I turn my head over 90 degrees over a city, but it can happen when there are a lot of planes near by. I just found it unusual that the problem was solved when recording video (Because FRAPS locks my frame rate at either 30 or 60). It's most evident when I'm flying over a busy area, near buildings. Framerates will fluxuate around 45-55 and the ground will look like it's 'jumping' under my wing.

Framerates are great, I just wasnt sure if the micro stutters I'm seeing are the same ones that others are.

Alexx78
Apr-27-2013, 20:26
Problem was not in the game and in the AMD video card driver! I installed the first 13.5 beta, it was horrible whaa freezing and FPS dropped a half times accurately. Then installed 13.4 WHQL, everything was perfect! no stuttering with installed FT MOD and without :ilike:

reflected
Jun-07-2013, 07:08
I experience the same. They come and go...sometimes up high, sometimes close to the ground.