PDA

View Full Version : Poetic Justice

gavagai
Apr-14-2013, 01:23
I'm a big fan of the Clod scoring system for multiplayer. At least, I thought that assigning partial credit might cause people to relax a bit and stop doing silly stuff to get the last bullet in...

Who am I kidding?

But tonight I saw something awesome: two 109s competing for the same AI wellington collided with a nice, fiery explosion.:devilish: Later, when I was flying on the red team, I got on the tail of an enemy and shot him to pieces, only to have my rudder shot off by two 'friendly' Spitfires behind me who couldn't hold their shit.

Good grief people!:stunned:

-Sven-
Apr-14-2013, 04:51
I had the same thing last night Gavagai :doh:

Either flak or my gentle pullout from a 600kmh dive ripped a wing off from my BF110, after which I tried to keep the aircraft in the air for as long as possible to bail out. I was surprised when I saw a hail of bullets coming from a distant spitfire who tried to get a bullet into my mortally wounded BF110, luckily for him he did, he hit my rudder just before my plane crashed into the ground.

All hail the scoring system.

ATAG_Torian
Apr-14-2013, 05:36
Happened in real air combat too. There's a classic piece of footage showing a fighter hot on an enemy's 6 and then another coming screaming in in front of him and actually taking hits from the original fighter. Things happen in the heat of battle. Blood rushes and reason gives way to passion. This is where getting on coms and organising an attack is much better than lone wolfing.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-14-2013, 08:29
Happened in real air combat too. There's a classic piece of footage showing a fighter hot on an enemy's 6 and then another coming screaming in in front of him and actually taking hits from the original fighter. Things happen in the heat of battle. Blood rushes and reason gives way to passion. This is where getting on coms and organising an attack is much better than lone wolfing.

No doubt about that Torian.

"Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya."

Little Bill Daggett

Injerin
Apr-14-2013, 10:17
If i get a shoulder shooter on my tail, I just simply cut away :)

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-14-2013, 12:41
If i get a shoulder shooter on my tail, I just simply cut away :)

Same here. I don't post my Clod stats on my job resume. LOL

If I see one Spit/Hurri on an enemy I hold off on his upper 5 or 7 o'clock and watch both our sixes. If he breaks off then I can quickly move in (if the enemy is still dangerous). If I see two or more RAF on a single enemy I simply move on or, at least, stick around and watch ALL our sixes.

Damocles
Apr-14-2013, 14:18
Same here. I don't post my Clod stats on my job resume. LOL

If I see one Spit/Hurri on an enemy I hold off on his upper 5 or 7 o'clock and watch both our sixes. If he breaks off then I can quickly move in (if the enemy is still dangerous). If I see two or more RAF on a single enemy I simply move on or, at least, stick around and watch ALL our sixes.

Tried that, only to being accused of being a dastardly b'stard, from a well known player, because I closed in for the kill after the original dogfight had finished, with the opposition the victor. He was damaged but perfectly able to defend himself or run for home. Evidently checking engaged friendlies six's before offering assistance is also sometimes seen as not the done thing by some.

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-14-2013, 15:45
I was on TS when the 109s hit, wasn't a big deal. total accident, drinks at the officers club afterwards. it actually got funnier later when a 109 took a shot at a 110.....

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-14-2013, 16:47
Tried that, only to being accused of being a dastardly b'stard, from a well known player, because I closed in for the kill after the original dogfight had finished, with the opposition the victor. He was damaged but perfectly able to defend himself or run for home. Evidently checking engaged friendlies six's before offering assistance is also sometimes seen as not the done thing by some.

I don't understand, Damocles. What was the issue that the well-known player had with you? Had he disengaged before you moved in?

EDIT: Are you sure this even happened on this server? "Damocles" doesn't show in the stats.