PDA

View Full Version : AI's dive bombing

EG14_Marcast
Apr-16-2013, 08:53
I made a mission with 6 Stukas attacking a convoy of 10 ships. The Stukas are intercepted by 4 Hurricanes. I set the Stukas' skill as veteran, increasing to maximum perception, gunnery, bravery and discipline. I also set the attacking waypoint as "strike target" and "dive bombing", with one of the ships as target. The result is that Stukas' gunners are almost snipers (at least when I fly a Hurricane, much less when I fly a Stuka...), but their bombing ability is very poor. They dive, drop, but they never get one ship. Is there any way to improve their bombing aim?

bolox
Apr-16-2013, 09:48
Try setting pilot and gunner skills separately, instead of a 'global' skill setting for plane.
Click the 'plane #' tab in properties then click crew button. this will give tabs for each crew member- adjust skills for each as appropriate.
Set aerial gunnery to high for increased bombing accuracy and reduce same to reduce 'sniper' gunners.
I've not done extensive testing of AI bombing accuracy, but it doesn't seem high (possibly quite realistic for the technology).