PDA

View Full Version : Crowded Airfields Video

Royraiden
Apr-16-2013, 22:00
Im pretty sure most of you guys have either seen or heard about this before, but I certainly hadnt and I must admit that when I watched this video tonight I could not avoid smiling.Is there any remote hope that some of these objects could be implemented for online gaming in the far future?Anyways there is still so much potential in this sim, even after all that has happened Im really grateful for what we have right now and what still could be added and or improved.

If you havent seen it, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmu4-VDT3U&NR=1&feature=endscreen

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-16-2013, 22:08
All those objects are already in the game. They could be added to online missions but it'd be completely unplayable.

Royraiden
Apr-16-2013, 22:17
Yes, I know there are in the sim already but cant be used because of performance issues.I can only dream that in the future at least a certain amount of those objects could be added to some of the airfierlds without reducing the performance significantly.

Salmo
Apr-17-2013, 02:06
... They could be added to online missions but it'd be completely unplayable.

Yes, I know there are in the sim already but cant be used because of performance issues .....
That's just not the case. Judicious use of static objects has very little impact on FPS, it's just that mission builders seldom use the static objects in their missions.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-17-2013, 07:57
It is cool Royraiden. It's mostly for the cinimatic value they add later. They make for some great edits. The cows slay me.

Continu0
Apr-17-2013, 12:15
Buy the Mission-Packs from Desastersoft... those Airfields look pretty!

Royraiden
Apr-17-2013, 19:11
That's just not the case. Judicious use of static objects has very little impact on FPS, it's just that mission builders seldom use the static objects in their missions.Is there some way to get them for online missions?As Continuo suggested, I think that the Desastersoft campaings include a lot of objects on the airfields, but what about multiplayer?If there isnt a significant loss of fps with a moderate amount of these objects, why arent these used?

It is cool Royraiden. It's mostly for the cinimatic value they add later. They make for some great edits. The cows slay me.

Definitely,they add a whole lot of immersion and depth.

dm3lions
Apr-21-2013, 13:30
It's like the term "diamond in the rough" was coined with this game in mind. It's astonishing what I keep seeing people putting up and to think this game very nearly died on it a***!!