PDA

View Full Version : UG!!! If I see another AI plane barrelroll into the deck ..

HurricaneHarvest
Apr-17-2013, 01:16
..I'm going to BLOW SOMETHING UP!! :grrr:

Scenario - 3 ACE defiants patrolling the coast, me and a AI wingman, enter scene flying 110Cs. My job is to kill the pigeons without getting shot by the ACE gunners .. tough, so I dive down below to attack at 6 low. Firing cannons at long range, the defiants just keep flying straight and level .. thankfully my aim is not too good so no hits. As I get closer the last Defiant decides I'm too close and starts to barrel roll .. why ???????? to make the gunner violently ill ?? probably but that's not part of the game, so the gunner has a few shots at me but range is too far. I dive down more to try to keep under him, so he keeps barrel-rolling more ... right into Terra Firma / Water / anything not sky. One kill for me but a VERY HOLLOW victory. I do the same for other defiants but I usually get a burst or 2 into my radiators and I'm stuffed as well. A very unsatisfying flight.

For a start, defiants should not barrel-roll, the turret might come out!, they should bank left or right to give the gunner vision @ 6 below .. or STAY STILL if the enemy is @ 6 high. I don't think there is any AI routines designed specifically for the defiant, it give the impression they are using Hurricane AI.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix the AI. .. and yes, it's in the Bug-fix database .. but as I'm only one vote, i'm not sure how high up the priority order this is. As a offline player i'm in the minority, lets hope minorities get some attention.. please.

Osprey
Apr-17-2013, 08:47
Forget AI, humans don't do this. You fly the Hurricane, check my sig because we run 2 Hurricane squadrons....

Katdog5
Apr-17-2013, 09:05
Yeah I agree for sure.

I wonder if anyone has tested the AI parameters against this activity. theres plenty of sliders in the full mb ? or is it for all settings

One could guess that mission maker has some of these set to ACE and thus the ridiculous flying maneuvers??

1lokos
Apr-17-2013, 10:08
Just dont use global ACE setting for AI to reduce this endeless i16/F-16 barrel roll.

Adjust skill for pilot and gunner individually.

See this Henkill tips for AI adjust:

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.com.br/2012/03/ai-settings-in-cliffs-of-dover.html

Sokol1

HurricaneHarvest
Apr-17-2013, 23:45
Just dont use global ACE setting for AI to reduce this endeless i16/F-16 barrel roll.

Adjust skill for pilot and gunner individually.

See this Henkill tips for AI adjust:

http://bobgamehub.blogspot.com.br/2012/03/ai-settings-in-cliffs-of-dover.html

Sokol1

Thanks, i didn't know about that site.

Will play around with settings for the defiant.

===== after testing =======

Putting the "Advanced Flying skills" below 50% seems to calm down the barrel-rolls quite abit.

Starting to see realistic flying :D