PDA

View Full Version : Head Movement Recorded on Tracks?

Royraiden
Apr-17-2013, 20:28
Is there a way to enable the head movements I made when I played the sim so they show when Im playing the track?I remember even Wings of Prey had this, so I assume it is on CLOD as well, correct me if Im wrong.

Dutch
Apr-18-2013, 10:52
The 'Edit Views' function turns off the head movement, but of course you need to edit views to view external shots. The only way I know of to combine the two when making a vid clip is to record the in cockpit shots with edit views unchecked, then run the track again with edit views checked for your external shots. Hope this is what you meant. :D

Royraiden
Apr-18-2013, 13:50
Where is that "edit views" setting at? I havent messed around with the external views utility yet, I jst wanted to watch my tracks and see the head movements I made when it was recorded.

Dutch
Apr-18-2013, 16:02
Where is that "edit views" setting at? I havent messed around with the external views utility yet, I jst wanted to watch my tracks and see the head movements I made when it was recorded.

Unfortunately I can't show a screen shot, but it's on the right hand side of the 'Track Player' screen, after you've selected your track to play, and is the 3rd tickbox down. :thumbsup:

RedBeard
Apr-18-2013, 16:36
Was looking for this as well:) Thank ya:)

Royraiden
Apr-18-2013, 19:03
Weird, I tried to watch my tracks just now and in all of them all I can see is water, as if I had bailed out and was underwater.At first I thought the textures had not loaded but I waited and nothing happens.Anyone knows what could it be?:doh:

Dutch
Apr-18-2013, 19:05
Weird, I tried to watch my tracks just now and in all of them all I can see is water, as if I had bailed out and was underwater.At first I thought the textures had not loaded but I waited and nothing happens.Anyone knows what could it be?:doh:

Yep. When you start the track, press F2, but this is when the track player will be set to 'edit views'. If you want to view your track as played from the cockpit, uncheck 'edit views' and away you go. :thumbsup:

Royraiden
Apr-18-2013, 19:33
Yep. When you start the track, press F2, but this is when the track player will be set to 'edit views'. If you want to view your track as played from the cockpit, uncheck 'edit views' and away you go. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dutch.Pressing f2 only worked when edited views is checked as you mentioned.Does that mean Im stuck with the underwater view unless I have that option checked? :( I remember I could watch my tracks just fine the first time I tried to review them.

Dutch
Apr-18-2013, 19:43
Thanks Dutch.Pressing f2 only worked when edited views is checked as you mentioned.Does that mean Im stuck with the underwater view unless I have that option checked? :( I remember I could watch my tracks just fine the first time I tried to review them.

No it shouldn't really matter. If you want to view your track as recorded, make sure 'edit views' is unchecked. That's all it should take to see what you're looking for. If you get the 'underwater' view with 'edit views' unchecked, I'm at a loss to know what the problem is, TBH... sorry. Just make sure that there isn't a little white square in the 'edit views' box, and you should see your track as it was recorded. If you don't, well I have no idea.

Edit: Are these tracks made offline or online? It might make a difference that I haven't checked since the new TF patch......
:(

Royraiden
Apr-18-2013, 21:40
All were recorded online.

ATAG_Headshot
Apr-19-2013, 00:40
I think I know what the problem is here. For us to record a track and not disconnect we have to start recording before we spawn in an airplane. Because of this the track doesn't start in a plane which leaves you at the underwater view. You have to turn on edit views to even get into the cockpit but with edit views on you don't get the original head movement. Your best bet is to mimic the head movement as you go through.

vranac
Apr-19-2013, 01:37
I think I know what the problem is here. For us to record a track and not disconnect we have to start recording before we spawn in an airplane. Because of this the track doesn't start in a plane which leaves you at the underwater view. You have to turn on edit views to even get into the cockpit but with edit views on you don't get the original head movement.

Thats right.But, when your plane is spawned you can jump in cockpit( without head movements) and then you can go back into the menu and uncheck Edit views
and you'll get your head movements, I think.

Royraiden
Apr-19-2013, 07:39
Thats right.But, when your plane is spawned you can jump in cockpit( without head movements) and then you can go back into the menu and uncheck Edit views

I tried doing exactly that yesterday with no luck.I hope it is just a random bug.Maybe I needed to reboot my system.Ill let you know how it goes today.

ATAG_Headshot
Apr-19-2013, 10:40

Oh nice! I will have to give that a go.