PDA

View Full Version : Dcs A10C Sam Tutorial

il_corleone
Apr-18-2013, 15:01
First thing is that im not an Ace,(I am a pig whitout wings :) ) but I think this is one of the most difficult things on the sim, evading sams, and this videos and tutorials helped me alot, and I am sure, most of you can do or teach a better tutorial, i just want to help :)

Hello guys! flew whit some of you 1 hour ago, and I find this tutorials very helpful ones, I hope ATAG_Divittor find them good, in my personal opinion, they helped me alot

A basic "Heavy" Sam tutorial like SA-6 or Sa-11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak6EgzDwiGs

A more text tutorial (The first minutes) that will help a lot in the way to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2BRSP87dI

*The second one is fit to Medium missiles, but the text also helps in all types of sam"

This PDF Its better than the post IITSELF and its a must : http://www.mediafire.com/view/?uc1bl1erub5v525

Also I used some tutorial that my clanmates teachme a few months ago

Missile avoidance

Both Aam and SAM uses IR (infrared) or radar to guide them to the target. IR systems are driven by the heat from the engine exhaust of enemy aircraft and missile, once launched, is guided to the target autonomously. All are type IR missile "launch and forget". This means that do not require more shooter once launched. These are some of the IR SAM and AAM missiles present in the DCS:

-SA-13
-SA-9
-SA-16
-SA-18

Meanwhile, radar-guided missiles require guidance commands or instructions after leaving the launch pad. There are a few exceptions to this rule. There are two basic types of radar missiles: the remote-controlled and semi-active.

The guided missile is fired and while heading to the target, the shooter continues radar target tracking and sends information to guide the missile. Here are some guided missiles present in DCS:

-SA-3/300 RWR:BB
-SA-8 RWR:8

The other type of guided missile is the semi-active radar. This type of missile radar uses reflected energy as guide method to the target so that it is not necessary to send commands to the guide handle. The shooter should only track the missile with a radar beam constant. The radar energy beam acts as a reflector to illuminate the target for the missile can see it. The following missiles use semi-active guidance systems

-SA-6
-SA-11

All missiles, regardless of guided technique, have a similar flight path to the target.

For the missile has the maximum range should try to find the shortest possible distance to the target.

To do this, use a course missile interception persecution forward as shown in the following figure:

For this reason, when viewed from the cockpit, a guided missile to your aircraft will have a course of persecution forward and tend to remain stationary in space while about to intercept your aircraft. If through the dome you can see a missile passing in front or side, it is likely that the missile hits the target.

Remember that in English the verb "miss" (err) is part of the word "missile" (missile). Most of the missiles do not need to impact your plane to kill you. Is enough to be close enough to detonate head within the lethal radius. For some missiles, this radius can be as small as a few centimeters while others can be lethal if they blow up to 30 feet away. You must stay outside the lethal radius of a combination valiéndote interference techniques (ECM), chaff (chaff), flare (Flare) and maneuvers.

GET TO WORK.

Well, that being said let's get to what really interests us the procedure. When a missile is launched against our apparatus will hear a signal and the signal acute intermittent missile launch computer (missile launch). The 1st thing to know is where we are launching the missile. To get a view of our aircraft and the missile threat we will press the F5 key. Once located the missile:

1. - Make a turn descending to G up to put the missile in our line 3/9. The figure below shows why this is the best place to put the missile.

As you can see, putting the missile on your line 3/9, he will have to make the journey longer to get to your plane. In this way the missile will cost you more to reach out and lose energy. If you can not place the missile in your line 3/9 it may develop a lower forward angle persecution, have to travel a shorter path to your plane and, therefore, more energy can reach you. Energy is synonymous maneuverability, and of course, the more maneuverable than the missile, more dangerous.

Two. - Throw chaff and flares at intervals of about 5 seconds.

Three. - Activate your interference module by pressing if you take on board.

Four. - After setting the incoming missile at line 3/9, made ​​a series of ups and downs in the vertical plane as shown below:

These vertical ascents and descents with the missile in the radar beam may cause the missile not correctly by a large distance. The purpose is that this distance is greater than the lethal radius of the warhead missile.

If the missile is still very close I recommend making an upward turn towards the missile launch while more brightly decoys and flares.

Another technique that works quite well against missiles is once placed in our line 3/9 put AB2 and when we begin to clearly distinguish the missile make a sharp turn towards the launching decoys and flares to break its turning radius and get out of reach.

i hope its good traduced!

All credits goes to the people of the videos and the resources, also from the PDF

I hope you find them good guys! Salute! I hope the next time we can kick some asses! Salute!

ATAG_Septic
Apr-19-2013, 06:19
Thanks for this Il Corleone, I'm learning this sim very slowly. :D

Septic.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-19-2013, 07:21
Ha,ha,ha, me too Septic. Way high tech for my pea brain. Glad someone has made vids like this! Thanks Corleone. Keep em coming.

trindade
Apr-19-2013, 08:18
Always useful, thanks