PDA

View Full Version : [Problem] Aircraft weight and Fuel

Lowe
Apr-20-2013, 18:55
Hello gents, I would like to ask if it's bad that aircraft total weight appears on red, and how can I set up fuel amount "forever", because it resets every time I start the game and it seems the fuel value in the Full Mission Builder doesn't work, I have to modify it from the plane options in the main menu. (I play offline)

1lokos
Apr-20-2013, 19:14
Why not go to Options > Realism, and un-check "Limited Fuel"?

Sokol1

Lowe
Apr-20-2013, 19:25
Will that solve the weight problem?

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-20-2013, 19:33
isn't the whole weight issue more related to acceleration than top speed?

LizLemon
Apr-21-2013, 02:16
isn't the whole weight issue more related to acceleration than top speed?

Yes.

Kling
Apr-21-2013, 06:18
Yes.

well...
mainly but of course top speed is also affected.
The heavier you are, the more lift the wings must prodouce to keep you airborn, and more lift = more induced drag (drag created as a direct effect of lift, wing tip vortices etc etc)

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Apr-21-2013, 07:18
Hello gents, I would like to ask if it's bad that aircraft total weight appears on red, and how can I set up fuel amount "forever", because it resets every time I start the game and it seems the fuel value in the Full Mission Builder doesn't work, I have to modify it from the plane options in the main menu. (I play offline)

It is important to check your fuel load each mission anyways. It's a good habit.

Hood
Apr-21-2013, 10:43
Lowe,

by "forever" do you mean - how can I set up the fuel amount so it stays as I chose it?

If yes, I don't know. It is annoying that the 109 weight is screwy but hopefully that'll be fixed sometime.

Hood