PDA

View Full Version : head set/sound issues anyone?

alpine
Apr-22-2013, 21:33
I use a bose head set with track IR, so I just listen, no mic. Frequently while spawning aircraft, either red or blue, the stereo fails, or I'll be looking full left or full right and hearing the "front" of the aircraft.
Curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same sort of issue. Also happens while flying, so not sure if its a launcher issue, pc issue or what. Only happened since TF patch.
Generally solved by unplugging a few times then it resolves, however very difficult to do while inverted over Hawkinge trying to snipe a vulcher...
Thoughts?

buster_dee
Apr-23-2013, 07:01
I don't have that, but I noticed something last night myself, so I'll mention in case it's related. I use a Logitec G930 (USB) along with its microphone. When in the 106, if I go to external view and back into the cockpit, the interior sound changes between what I think is internal sounds with occlusions and internal sounds without occlusions. It remains one of those until I go external back to internal again. It's as though I'm taking my virtual headset on and off. I didn't test with other a/c or over England (only over France). As to the 2D/3D, I do have that problem, but only when I fire up my PC. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times, or disconnect/reconnect USB to get it back. In game, the only "intermittent" I get is with FFB.

Mastiff
Apr-23-2013, 07:13
I have 2 sets of 5.1 surround sound head sets they work fine for me. If your just using 2 stereo heads sets you need to change your config settings accordingly.

Hi,
you can check in conf.ini, under [sound], speakers (not Speakers) = 3.
3 = 5.1 sound.

OBT~Psycho
Apr-23-2013, 09:17
I don't have that, but I noticed something last night myself, so I'll mention in case it's related. I use a Logitec G930 (USB) along with its microphone. When in the 106, if I go to external view and back into the cockpit, the interior sound changes between what I think is internal sounds with occlusions and internal sounds without occlusions. It remains one of those until I go external back to internal again. It's as though I'm taking my virtual headset on and off. I didn't test with other a/c or over England (only over France). As to the 2D/3D, I do have that problem, but only when I fire up my PC. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times, or disconnect/reconnect USB to get it back. In game, the only "intermittent" I get is with FFB.

hep, I have the same headset and noticed exactly the same issue. but there is no problem flying RAF.

same as the 2D/3D issue, I'm looking for a way to get rid of this issue, but as for now, I am lost.

and CoD is the only game making this weird thing...

But I'm too addicted to hardcore warbird sim to let CoD down for this tiny tiny issue.

Kling
Apr-23-2013, 10:51

I have this too. Its a known sound bug. The external sound of the 109 also changes exactly 50% of the times you go on external view. Half of the time you can hear the supercharger whizzle and half of the time you cannot.
Its not much but its mostly noticable when you press flyby view.

Archie
Apr-24-2013, 14:04
I'm, getting an odd issue that when I man a gunner position and fire, sometimes the firing sounds continue for a long time after I have stopped firing. Can't remember if this is an old issue or not, or if its my sound settings!