PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 and mod

zuma75
Apr-23-2013, 20:50
Will the mod work with windows 8? I'm getting a new comp in this week with windows 8 already installed. I haven't flown in years and I'm really looking forward to it! I have a copy of 7, but if 8 works OK I might as well save the trouble of reformatting and installing 7.

Thanks,

Mark

AllMattersFecal
Apr-24-2013, 19:02
Running TF mod and Windows 8 here just fine using this little fix:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=36078

ATAG_Colander
Apr-24-2013, 19:03
The "fix" should not be needed for the MOD, just for the vanilla version.

zuma75
Apr-24-2013, 21:04
So, ATAG_Colander, I don't need to install the fix, and can just go from the stock install off the disc and apply the mod and I should be all set, is that correct? Are there any updates that need to be installed before the mod?
AllMattersFecal, that is good news that it runs in windows 8! I just bought Rise of Flight as well, and from what I've read it seems to run fine on Windows 8!
I can't wait to get back into flight simming! It's been 8 years since I've played IL-2 and Battleground Europe. I couldn't afford a new comp for quite some time do to finances, but have a new one coming this week. i5 3570k, 8 gigs ram, GTX 660 and ASUS VG278H! My wife is going to hate me again, LOL!

ATAG_Torian
Apr-25-2013, 06:24
Zuma u will need to let Steam update the game to the latest version. The game has undergone a couple of major revisions and the stock version on the dvd is different to the current stock/vanilla version.

9./JG52 Ziegler
Apr-25-2013, 07:39
Steam will do that when you initially download CLoD even if you use a disc to start the download. After you have it started with the disc, Steam takes over and updates at the end of the download. Once you have the game and apply the 3.0 patch, you'll want to uncheck the steam cloud updater.

Welcome back :thumbsup:

zuma75
Apr-25-2013, 21:55
Thank you everyone for the help! New comp came in today! I should have some time this weekend to get everything set up. This is going to be great! I can't wait to dust of the old FFB 2 and CH pro pedals! They've been sitting idle collecting dust for too long!