PDA

View Full Version : Script File Question

No.401_Wolverine
Apr-29-2013, 10:22
When loading a .mis file on top of another .mis file, how do the scripts function? Do they sort of 'combine'? Or does it stop running script from the first .mis and start running the script from the second one?

It seems like they kind of combine from my tests. If that's the case, if you create a function in the first .mis script file, can you call it in the second one, even though when you compile the script it will give you an error for not setting up the function?

Or do they not combine, they just run concurrently?

Salmo
Apr-30-2013, 03:37
When loading a .mis file on top of another .mis file, how do the scripts function? Do they sort of 'combine'? Or does it stop running script from the first .mis and start running the script from the second one?

It seems like they kind of combine from my tests. If that's the case, if you create a function in the first .mis script file, can you call it in the second one, even though when you compile the script it will give you an error for not setting up the function?

Or do they not combine, they just run concurrently?

Scripts will run in each of your main mission & your sub-mission, but it's probably not a good idea to do this. Functions cannot be declared in one script then called from the other mission's script. Also, screen display messages will not show up if you call them from your sub-mission script. I recommend putting all your scripting in th emain mission & just using the sub-missions to spawn-in new ground objects, ai flights etc.