PDA

View Full Version : Messerchmitt Bf-110 D modelled in future TF patch?

Meaks
Apr-29-2013, 16:31
I read somewhere within this forum that you guys are going to release a Bf110 D in a future patch,is this true or not?,I'm just interested..................btw,again the latest TF patch is superb,thanks very much guys :salute:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-01-2013, 13:25
Salute

I doubt we will release the D model for the reason it requires much more 3D work. And I am not sure people will want to fly it considering its performance would be less.

The E model is a more likely candidate.

In addition, we expect to release in the next patch, later models of the C, including one with a DB601n engine.

Meaks
May-03-2013, 03:11
Understood Buzzsaw,it's a real pity the D model won't be added though,it did feature a lot during the Battle of Britain,especially with one of the most famous BoB Zerstorer Gruppes,the Erprobungsgruppe Erpr.Gr 210.

But anyway I'm sure whatever you guys create it'll be good :thumbsup:.......I have'nt been disapointed yet.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-04-2013, 14:18
Understood Buzzsaw,it's a real pity the D model won't be added though,it did feature a lot during the Battle of Britain,especially with one of the most famous BoB Zerstorer Gruppes,the Erprobungsgruppe Erpr.Gr 210.

But anyway I'm sure whatever you guys create it'll be good :thumbsup:.......I have'nt been disapointed yet.

It was mostly based out of Norway, and of course we don't have that as a part of the map.

It was not very competitive, suffered quite large losses, so players might not be so interested. With the extra weight, it sacrificed agility for range.

LG1.Klein
May-06-2013, 09:39
You definitely do not want the the D series. It is the duckelbach or something like that. Basically meaning it had a ventral fuel tank permanently affixed to the aircraft for extended range. It was a terrible aircraft. They really won't be much fun after the c4/n until we get into the F series which was widely regarded as the best "pilots" aircraft of the 110 series.

Meaks
May-09-2013, 14:02
Klien,that 'duckelbach'or 'dackelbauch' as it is spelt was a fuel tank mounted on a extended airframe,this was the D-1,and it was removable,it did'nt come from the factory with that thing as standard,however this thing was a real ugly duckling,granted.

The D-3 model I'm interested in was used extensivley by the 'Erprobungsgruppe 210' which famously used this model for it's pin point bomb attacks on key British targets.

Re the 'E' model,I don't think these appeared in the BoB at all,I think these models first saw the light of day during the Eastern Front,as according to Wiki the 110 production was put on hold because of the introdution of the 210 model,so it depends how historically correct you want your next patch to be.

Below is a Bf110 D-3,note it is easily recognised by it's extended tail,this housed a dinghy.....useful for those ditching in the chanel.The second pic shows the 'Dackelbauch' being removed from a 110 by ground crew.

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/370/artbf110dzerstorer2erpr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/artbf110dzerstorer2erpr.jpg/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/8408/messerschmittbf110dzers.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/messerschmittbf110dzers.jpg/)

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
May-09-2013, 15:04
Even if Norway was on the map, I'm not sure I'd want to fly that far.

Maybe when we get a stable 1,000 players in CloD it will be more of a possibility to have a map that size, but...

everyone will be strafing Hawkinge and Calais anyway :-P

Meaks
May-09-2013, 16:09
Yeah....with all respect to Buzzsaw,I'm not so sure about the Erprobungsgruppe 210 being mainly being based in Norway,it's my belief that during the Battle of Britain they were initially based at St. Omer-Arques and then moved to Calais-Marck.

Kodoss
May-09-2013, 17:42
S9+CK is a D-0/B.

And you won't see a D or E-series so fast, since even the early E-series in the med had the dingy at the end of the fuselage.

Muffin
May-09-2013, 17:51
S9+CK is a D-0/B.

And you won't see a D or E-series so fast, since even the early E-series in the med had the dingy at the end of the fuselage.

Imagine if the dingy was modeled....... I must stop dreaming :doh:

RAF74_Buzzsaw
May-09-2013, 20:19
Yeah....with all respect to Buzzsaw,I'm not so sure about the Erprobungsgruppe 210 being mainly being based in Norway,it's my belief that during the Battle of Britain they were initially based at St. Omer-Arques and then moved to Calais-Marck.

Yes Erprobungsgruppe 210 were based in France, and yes, at Calais-Marck, but they numbered no more than 15 aircraft. That is out of the approx. 300 Me-110's available in France. A slightly larger component of the 110's using the D model, (approx. 20 aircraft) were based out of Norway with Destroyer Geschwader 76.

In addition, after a particularly disastrous raid, during which they lost 6 of their complement on 15 August, with more damaged, ER-210's activities were reduced.

Overall the 110D did not play a decisive role in the battle, and the effort required to model when compared to its utility is questionable at this point.

I don't think people realize the amount of effort that is required for us to create new models for this game. It is a very slow process, with much wasted time as we try to decode the systems.

LG1.Klein
May-10-2013, 08:43
Meaker thank you for the expanded information. I simply remember reading in one of my books that the D/E variants were overweight and a most unsatisfactory aircraft to fly. I remember reading about the dinghy being put in an extension of the tail as well. It wasn't until the F when they got uprated motors of significance and I believe reduced the weight and drag of the airframe that it got good to fly again after the disaster that was the D/E series.

This are my impressions made in a very high level manner based on my conclusion reading about the 110 family.

Meaks
May-10-2013, 08:59
Meaker thank you for the expanded information. I simply remember reading in one of my books that the D/E variants were overweight and a most unsatisfactory aircraft to fly. I remember reading about the dinghy being put in an extension of the tail as well. It wasn't until the F when they got uprated motors of significance and I believe reduced the weight and drag of the airframe that it got good to fly again after the disaster that was the D/E series.

This are my impressions made in a very high level manner based on my conclusion reading about the 110 family.

No problem mate:thumbsup:,I'm only getting this info myself as I read John Vasco's superb book 'Messerschmitt Bf110,Bombsights Over England(Erprobungsgruppe 210 in the Battle of Britain),it's a great book.I have just started flying the 110 myself,and so I am interested in it's role during the BoB,Ok it can't match the Hurri,Spit or 109,but it's a great aircraft to fly all the same,the armament is awesome!

Meaks
May-10-2013, 09:11
I don't think people realize the amount of effort that is required for us to create new models for this game. It is a very slow process, with much wasted time as we try to decode the systems.

Buzzsaw,I do appreciate the effort that you guys put in to create new content for us.I hope I have'nt caused any offence,this was not my intention,if I have please accept my apologies,what you guys have done so far is nothing short of brilliance,and I for one salute you all for what you have fixed and expanded on in the two patches that have been released to date.May I take this oppotunity in thanking the Team,you are all doing sterling work guys,thank you all.

:salute:

LG1.Klein
May-10-2013, 16:45
No problem mate:thumbsup:,I'm only getting this info myself as I read John Vasco's superb book 'Messerschmitt Bf110,Bombsights Over England(Erprobungsgruppe 210 in the Battle of Britain),it's a great book.I have just started flying the 110 myself,and so I am interested in it's role during the BoB,Ok it can't match the Hurri,Spit or 109,but it's a great aircraft to fly all the same,the armament is awesome!

I'll take my chances against a Hurri. :devilish: Otherwise, yeah it's nothing but downhill from there.

:salute: