PDA

View Full Version : Hello chaps!

BadAssNun
Apr-30-2013, 12:48
Hello all,

Rookie flight SIM user here - just bought the gear (flight stick, comms etc.) and X-PLANE and then got told about IL2-CLoD by a good friend who is an Spitfire enthusiast.

Joined STEAM last night and downloaded IL2-CLoD and found you guys whilst I was waiting. :)

I think I've still got two patches/updates to install before I can start basic training and then, hopefully, I can come and join you guys.

...and I'm really looking forward to it - looks great and you guys look like a good bunch of chaps!

Matt (AKA BadAssNun, AKA MT)

III./ZG76_Saipan
Apr-30-2013, 13:48
welcome aboard, I urge you to get team speak 3, ts3. I am sure you will have questions and its best to play with a grp or at least a wingman. its hard to type answers in the server when your trying to fly.

Osprey
Apr-30-2013, 16:48
Welcome aboard. Recommended you do get on comms because CFS's are tough - lots of experienced fliers out there so stick it out, expect quite a few one way trips. Where are you based?

BadAssNun
May-01-2013, 07:44
Thanks guys...

Yep - TeamSpeak 3 installed but I've not connected yet as just been training and configuring SAITEK flight stick with the SIM controls.

My IL2-CLoD instructer is not very patient with me though...climb, left, descend - "...you can't join the airforce if you can't even follow simple orders!"

I also spent a good 20-30 mins sat in a Hurricane looking for the on switch - ha ha ha!

Rest assured though, by 0230 hours I was happily strafing Big Ben and flying through Tower Bridge :):):)!

Tonight I shall be mostly practising trimming my aircraft and learning about radiators and mixtures and other cool stuff.

Where are you based? Sunny Bolton.

Dutch
May-01-2013, 09:02
Sunny Bolton.

Hello neighbour! I used to work in Bolton many moons ago............

Cool nick, BTW. :D

Osprey
May-01-2013, 09:28
Been to Bolton only once to watch the Palace lose 1-0 :(

Hurricane eh? A fine choice. Check my sig, we have the largest gathering of Hurricane pilots in the community with 2 full squadrons of us. feel free to jump in, we'll give you a hand with things.

~S~
Osprey

Strangebloke
May-01-2013, 13:04
Evening Folks

I'd be the individual who encouraged BadAssNun to buy Cliffs of Dover. He in turn pointed me in your direction.

I can't afford to get myself kitted up and join the fun at the minute, just moved flat and the credit card is groaning, but it won't be long.

Thought I'd get signed up and add a book or two to the thread in the Pilot's Bar section.

Hope to be trying not to crash into you all soon. :)
Cheers

Osprey
May-03-2013, 06:35
When it comes to combat flight sims, this is certainly the right direction :)

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-03-2013, 08:11
Welcome mates. Pay no attention to that flight instructor :) He's always has a bad attitude. :)

Strangebloke
May-05-2013, 10:43
I expect its a result of being crashed into a lot by students :D