PDA

View Full Version : Seems the track recorder causes server timeout in-mission with 3.01...

Oersted
Apr-30-2013, 13:43
I flew yesterday and had three crashes (server timeout) while flying online. All happened after about 15 minutes flying.

Was told by others that it happens when I start the track recorder before flying. Didn't confirm by testing, so I just want to throw this out there and hear if others have experienced it too. It is a bit sad, because it worked fine with 3.00, and it would be cool to be able to continue making movies of this fine sim.

ATAG_Headshot
Apr-30-2013, 14:16
I actually started getting disconnected in the 3.0 patch even if I started recording before spawning the plane. It's sad but good track edited movie making is out for me now, just live recorded in cockpit shots.

ATAG_Colander
Apr-30-2013, 15:36
The issue has been there before the TF mods.

Muffin
Apr-30-2013, 17:00
I actually started getting disconnected in the 3.0 patch even if I started recording before spawning the plane. It's sad but good track edited movie making is out for me now, just live recorded in cockpit shots.

Same here Headshot :ind:

ATAG_Headshot
Apr-30-2013, 17:41
The issue has been there before the TF mods.

True, though the work around of starting to record the track -before- spawning the plane made it so that you wouldn't disconnect. Since the patch that no longer works for me unfortunately and no matter when I start the recording I'm still lucky to get 15 min in the air. I'm not trying to blame the patch here as I absolutely love it, and if this is one of the costs of playing with the mod I'll take it. That said I would really appreciate an update in here if anyone has found a new work around so that we can hopefully get track recordings done again as it really makes for better movie making, especially with the excellent 3rd person utility!

Oersted
May-01-2013, 10:17
For me it worked fine with 3.00. Could fly hours on end, with the recording started before I created the mission. Now it is only 15 minutes and an assured crash, same as Headshot. I guess this software is truly as complex as they said back when 1C gave us updates. You fix one thing and another automatically breaks...