PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Utah!

zul32
May-01-2013, 16:47
Hi everyone,
Brand new to the IL2 game. I just downloaded it from gamestop, and went through the forum (after an updated post about the wrong version in the Steam forum that directed me to you guys here)!
So, now updated to (3.01) of the game finally! It booted up great.. however...
In the one game with the most people on it, I can't connect to the server. it keeps giving me the message that it timed out.
I also - and probably most importantly don't know if I'm supposed to click on 'Direct Connect' or 'Join Server' button??

I've tried both, and both of them are getting me the timed out message after about 30 seconds of sitting there.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
zul32
:D

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-01-2013, 16:55
try multiplayer then select client. if you cant join perhaps the server is down? usually very reliable. make sure you get the ts3 setup...it makes the game better and if you have any questions its easier than typing and flying

Blakduk
May-02-2013, 00:17
Hi everyone,
Brand new to the IL2 game. I just downloaded it from gamestop, and went through the forum (after an updated post about the wrong version in the Steam forum that directed me to you guys here)!
So, now updated to (3.01) of the game finally! It booted up great.. however...
In the one game with the most people on it, I can't connect to the server. it keeps giving me the message that it timed out.
I also - and probably most importantly don't know if I'm supposed to click on 'Direct Connect' or 'Join Server' button??

I've tried both, and both of them are getting me the timed out message after about 30 seconds of sitting there.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
zul32
:D

I've found the easiest and quickest way to start CoD and connect is to log into Teamspeak first, then click on the 'Cliffs of Dover' section, join either Allied or Axis and then click on the link in the message section that's on the right side of the screen.
It skips the Ubisoft intro animation and you can chat to whoever is online about what is happening whilst the game loads.
I've found that starting CoD and then trying to join a server is unreliable.

Osprey
May-02-2013, 03:19
Thing is Blakduk you will only ever see one server that way. There are others which run different missions. These are available through the game client lobby.

zul32
May-02-2013, 23:18
Still getting lots of the timeout issues. I did get in once this evening, but that was all. I checked the networks, and only one was present, so that's not it.
I'm going to try and upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB this weekend, and see if that helps at all.

zul32
May-03-2013, 00:15
I'm in now!! I had to open up a few more ports on my router.. all is well!
Thanks Timber for your help tonight!! Full realism is very difficult! I can't see the field at all, but I'll keep trying.
Crashed 3 times already.. got about 10ft off the ground the last time!
:)

Osprey
May-03-2013, 06:39
Sounds like progress :)

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-03-2013, 08:04
Keep at it. Full realism is the way to fly. If it was easy, no one would play for long.:thumbsup: You can practice missions as your own server, set up full realism.