PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to one of the servers on IL 2 COD

zul32
May-01-2013, 19:06
Hi, under multiplayer, then under client....
I get a server list, and try to join (for the first time) the one server with all the players in it. So, then I was told to click the 'join server' button, which I did, it sat there for about 30 seconds then displayed the message "Connection attempt to Remote Host Failed Reason: Timeout".

I've tried another sever, and was able to connect to it.
The one I'm trying to join is ATAG's Axis vs Allies (TF Patch 3.01)
type: Default
Map name: English channel - 1940

ATAG_Snapper requested that I post this.

Thanks

ATAG_Snapper
May-01-2013, 19:11
Thanks for posting this, Zul. Please check back here frequently because it's likely some folks will need some info from you to better help you.

I leave it to our technical experts here to find some answers. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Colander
May-01-2013, 19:55
There are some threads about this type of issues.
The common issue is having multiple network cards (can also be virtual NICs and in one case a printer driver).
In all cases, disabling the all the network cards except the "real" one has been the solution.

ATAG_Snapper
May-01-2013, 21:03
Thanks for those suggestions, Colander. :D

Zul, give it a try -- especially the printer(s). Try knocking 'em out then try joining the ATAG server again. Let us know how it goes.

zul32
May-01-2013, 22:47
OK, update.. good news is that I was able to successfully connect to a v3.01 server game, but just not the main one that others are on all the time. I keep getting the same timeout message. So, with the fact that I can successfully connect to one of the games, doesn't that mean that the problem shouldn't be on my side?

Also, on removing the NIC's.. I'm not a PC expert. I have been in the hardware device manager before a few times, but how will I know which one (for sure) is the actual NIC I need to use?

DUB
Jun-08-2017, 11:37
If you have more than one Network adapter such as the "pseudo virtual" one for virtual box or a VPN tunnel service make sure that it is either disabled or given a lower priority metric in ipv4 advanced settings, leave your local area connection alone or give it a 1 in metric so programs use that automatically. all adpaters are usually given a metric of 0 which is auto, for some reason this worked and i was able to connect once i had made these changes.

hope this helps

P.S may be easier to just disable all but the local area connection for most people :)

hope this helps