PDA

View Full Version : turret and fire-gun

sw1ive
May-03-2013, 17:37
---MAYDAY---MAYDAY--- MAN IN TURRET--- or ( S O S ) or about code of mors ( ... --- ... ) ( TE TE TE TAAAA TAAAA TAAAA TE TE TE )

what of key is for gun-fire in a turret ??? and where can I set this...

I find gun-moving, turret-moning... I just set Joystik for turret

But I can't set gun-fire...

Bear Pilot
May-03-2013, 19:36
Look in controls and in the drop down click on GENERAL. Set up something for fire current weapon. If you're flying the Blenheim you're going to need to bind keys in the turret drop down as well. Just to move it from side to side as well as firing and cruise positions. You'll need the latter two bound for the Stuka and 110 as well. If you hit F10 while in the gunner's seat you should be able to control the gun with the mouse as opposed to the joystick which Drock and I have found to be much smoother and accurate. Also I believe turrets cannot fire if the plane is climbing or diving at 1.5 m/s so if all of a sudden the gun stops during evasive maneuvers that's why. Or you may need to reload so also bind a key to that. In the Stuka and 110 you can see the animation of the drum being changed but in the 88 and 111 as well as the blenny you can't (at least not for me) so just tap whatever button you have bound to 'fire' to check if it's ready. It shouldn't take more than 6 seconds.

It takes a lot of practice and don't expect to fend off hordes of fighters. If there are two or more you're pretty much done for. We have managed to drive off single attackers without significant damage and actually dealing out a fair amount ourselves. After all it only takes one bullet for a pk (we're still waiting on that golden bb though) But usually we're almost home and just need a few more miles before we're feet dry. So far it is just an effective deterrent. Not a game changer. With practice and good communication between pilot and gunner you stand a far greater chance than by yourself and often it is enough to make the attacker fear for his own virtual life and save yours.

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-03-2013, 20:03
Good reply Bear and pretty much on the money. I will say that if you are in the FMB and you crank up the AI gunners from average (default) to Veteren or more they can be pretty deadly also. Same with the ships and land based AAK, AAk's.:salute:

1lokos
May-03-2013, 20:35
Bear Pilot,

Also I believe turrets cannot fire if the plane is climbing or diving at 1.5 m/s so if all of a sudden the gun stops during evasive maneuvers that's why.

The value is 5/ms (informed by formerly MG programmer in Sukhoi forum).

Or you may need to reload so also bind a key to that.

Reload for turret guns is automatic - just take time, proportional to the amount of ammunition used by gun.

well as the blenny you can't (at least not for me) so just tap whatever button you have bound to 'fire' to check if it's ready. It shouldn't take more than 6 seconds.

Reload times - extract from "aircraf.ini" (dump from game internal files):

Blenheim IV - ReloadTime 10.0 sec

Ju-87 - ReloadTime 8.0 sec

Bf-110-C4 - ReloadTime 7 sec

He-111 - ReloadTime 15 sec

Ju-88 - not available...

Br.20 - not available... - for (useless) top turret is more than 20 sec.

AI planes:

Anson, Walrus, Defiant - ReloadTime 3.1 sec
Wellington - not available...

Some tips: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4220&p=42683&viewfull=1#post42683

Sokol1

sw1ive
May-04-2013, 08:11
Now that's O.K.

Thanks...

Torric270
May-04-2013, 20:24
For useless Br20 top gun I just switched your WASD from turret to move guns, top gun now acts as a turret, still fire with mouse. Not perfect but better than being backwards.

1lokos
May-04-2013, 23:33
Torric

Your control method gave me the idea to test control Br.20 top turret Br.20 with joystick axes.
With 100% of sensibility work good. :thumbsup:

Interestingly no reverse axes is need.

I did a copy of "Fire current weapon" command and assign josytick trigger to this.

I had already tested control Blenheim turret with the joystick, but in this plane the effect "coil" - always return MG to center - make more difficult control turret with joystick than with mouse.

Br.20 top turret is powered, don't suffer "coil" effect, so its movement ceases when the pressure on the joystick is released.

Mapping axis to control turret - useful only for Br.20 - don't affect mouse control over turrets.

One thing to notice is that Br.20 top turret won't recharge (in QM)... :S

EDIT - Funny, this "useless" turret end as probable with the best turret control that I find in any WWII sim (since Air Warrior online). :)

The slow single Breda 12,7mm is not very effective and due this rig sight need tracer ammo. I use this set:

beltPreset Custom _Gun01 Gun.Breda-SAFAT-12,7mm MainBelt 4 5 7 3 4 8

Good to start some fire:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/90/br20.png

Sokol1

1lokos
May-15-2013, 11:34
I find a issue with my above settings for control Br.20 top turret.
Work well offline because use of autopilot, but online even in turret joystick still control plane aileron and elevator, plus turret...:doh:

Fortunately CloD have a nice feature that allow modify axis behavior with key/button press.
So is just matter of use a key or joystick button as "modifier".

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5464/turret3v.jpg

With this setting when in turret joystick control only Br.20 top turret. :thumbsup:

Obvious you need must be in a stable flight (the infamous 5m/s...) before jump to turret.

FYI- Br.20 top turret is only in CLoD planes that worth control with joystick.

Sokol1

Torric270
May-15-2013, 15:27
I find a issue with my above settings for control Br.20 top turret.
Work well offline because use of autopilot, but online even in turret joystick still control plane aileron and elevator, plus turret...:doh:

Fortunately CloD have a nice feature that allow modify axis behavior with key/button press.
So is just matter of use a key or joystick button as "modifier".

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5464/turret3v.jpg

With this setting when in turret joystick control only Br.20 top turret. :thumbsup:

Obvious you need must be in a stable flight (the infamous 5m/s...) before jump to turret.

FYI- Br.20 top turret is only in CLoD planes that worth control with joystick.

Sokol1

Brilliant! It works great...I also added another fire weapon so I could use joystick trigger to fire the guns with my control key pressed for all to work.

DRock
May-31-2013, 12:17
Brilliant! It works great...I also added another fire weapon so I could use joystick trigger to fire the guns with my control key pressed for all to work.

Last night I was flying in a Spit IIa, watching for a reported JU-88 going feet wet in Ste. Mary's Bay. Spotted, 12 o'clock, equal alt on the coast north of LittleStone, the 88 is heading towards France. I swing around his 9 into his 7 o'clock position focused on his left engine. Just as I was going guns hot, the bomber pilot hops into his rear turret and from about 150 meters, sprays my cockpit and Pilot kills me. It was ATAG_Torric.

I have been rear gunning for a while and I'm still looking for this golden BB.

Brilliant indeed, Torric. :salute:

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock

Torric270
May-31-2013, 12:39
Last night I was flying in a Spit IIa, watching for a reported JU-88 going feet wet in Ste. Mary's Bay. Spotted, 12 o'clock, equal alt on the coast north of LittleStone, the 88 is heading towards France. I swing around his 9 into his 7 o'clock position focused on his left engine. Just as I was going guns hot, the bomber pilot hops into his rear turret and from about 150 meters, sprays my cockpit and Pilot kills me. It was ATAG_Torric.

I have been rear gunning for a while and I'm still looking for this golden BB.

Brilliant indeed, Torric. :salute:

Cheers,
ATAG_DRock

Yep it was indeed a quick shoot from the hip lucky shot. I found my one golden bb never to be seen again :-) Alas it was all for naught as his plane took out my plane in the death spiral, so his mission was successful. :salute:

DRock
May-31-2013, 13:28
Yep it was indeed a quick shoot from the hip lucky shot. I found my one golden bb never to be seen again :-) Alas it was all for naught as his plane took out my plane in the death spiral, so his mission was successful. :salute:

Huh, I heard a crash, but thought it was water. I'll take it.:-P

I love this game.

ATAG_DRock