PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain....

stc1949
May-07-2013, 08:13
Hi Guys,
Small problem I can't get past. Spent most of today learning about convergence settings etc, found heaps of new settings to try, but when I went to change the loadout, as described in 2 videos, nothing will change in the loadout screen, Not the fuel loading, nor any different types of bullets, etc, so thought it may have something to do with TF saying they'd be fixing in a later patch.
So then I thought I'd try in original CLoD, but it too wouldn't change anything. I know you can do a manual converge change and weapons in User.ini, but then it gets confusing with the German weapon names, etc.

Some help would be much appreciated.

Continu0
May-07-2013, 08:28
Hey

I think for Single-Player it still does not work. In Multiplayer, it should work fine, just put up your settings in the "loadout"-Menu before spawning...

stc1949
May-07-2013, 08:51
Hey

I think for Single-Player it still does not work. In Multiplayer, it should work fine, just put up your settings in the "loadout"-Menu before spawning...

I only ever play offline so looks as though that could be my trouble then, Oh well, now I'll try and decipher those German weapon names.

Thanks for your quick response.

Continu0
May-07-2013, 09:27
This might help:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3877

stc1949
May-07-2013, 09:49
This might help:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3877

Thanks again, already had most of that, but found The ammo pages a little while ago, between posts actually, will study them tomorrow, it's late here.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
May-07-2013, 10:14
stc, video tutorials to help with both spitfire and 109 load-outs can be viewed here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3003-New-tutorial-video-loadout-(RAF)

9./JG52 Ziegler
May-07-2013, 10:50
I know this sounds like a dumb question but are you saving the settings before you spawn?
If you see an * next to the saved name (or Custom), it is NOT saved yet. All my gun settings are saved by type (and fuel load too) until the game is exited. Then when it's restarted, the fuel loads will be full fuel again until you change it. Gun loads and convergence stay saved.

stc1949
May-07-2013, 23:39
stc, video tutorials to help with both spitfire and 109 load-outs can be viewed here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?3003-New-tutorial-video-loadout-(RAF)

Yes watched them both yesterday, they were what I thought I was doing, but couldn't change anything, except convergence, also Zodiac said did I save before "spawning", so will this only work online? I just play Single missions, one that I made in FMB to help learn to shoot, etc. and have never tried online (crook Internet, only slow).

stc1949
May-08-2013, 00:09
I know this sounds like a dumb question but are you saving the settings before you spawn?
If you see an * next to the saved name (or Custom), it is NOT saved yet. All my gun settings are saved by type (and fuel load too) until the game is exited. Then when it's restarted, the fuel loads will be full fuel again until you change it. Gun loads and convergence stay saved.

Thanks Zodiac,
So far nothing changes, including the * next to a save name, I watched the 2 videos yesterday (RAF & Luftwaffe) on how to do it, but no luck as yet.

I can change the convergence ranges though in same window (loadout screen).

louisv
May-08-2013, 12:43
There are two ways to get to the loadout screen: one is within the mission (offline) and this way it will only let you change the convergence but not the actual loadout.

The other way is through the "plane" menu selection (not in a mission) you get to modify the loadout.

Its confusing because its exactly the same page and the "plane" selection leads to the loadout while the "loadout" selection in the mission itself does not let you change the loadout !

Lou

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
May-08-2013, 14:01
Yes watched them both yesterday, they were what I thought I was doing, but couldn't change anything, except convergence, also Zodiac said did I save before "spawning", so will this only work online? I just play Single missions, one that I made in FMB to help learn to shoot, etc. and have never tried online (crook Internet, only slow).

you cannot change the ammunition load-outs in single player.
They are set by the mission.

You can change your ammunition online.

Wulf
May-08-2013, 18:57
I only ever play offline so looks as though that could be my trouble then, Oh well, now I'll try and decipher those German weapon names.

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Do you mean you don't 'like' to go online or do you mean you're 'unable' to go online? If it is the former, you don't actually have to 'fly' online to change the settings; you just have to join a server for a couple of minutes. So, if this is the issue, just click on multiplayer, click on client, then select a sever (any server will do), click on a flag at the top of the screen, then one of the white airfields on the map then on "plane" and then "loadout". Make your changes and save. If you don't want to fly online just exit the server and those changes you've made will apply the next time you fly that aircraft, off line.

If I'm attempting to teach granny to suck eggs here just ignore this post.

stc1949
May-08-2013, 21:29
There are two ways to get to the loadout screen: one is within the mission (offline) and this way it will only let you change the convergence but not the actual loadout.

The other way is through the "plane" menu selection (not in a mission) you get to modify the loadout.

Its confusing because its exactly the same page and the "plane" selection leads to the loadout while the "loadout" selection in the mission itself does not let you change the loadout !

Lou

OK, that sounds like what I haven't tried yet, so I'll give that a try

Thanks for your help.

stc1949
May-08-2013, 21:38
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Do you mean you don't 'like' to go online or do you mean you're 'unable' to go online? If it is the former, you don't actually have to 'fly' online to change the settings; you just have to join a server for a couple of minutes. So, if this is the issue, just click on multiplayer, click on client, then select a sever (any server will do), click on a flag at the top of the screen, then one of the white airfields on the map then on "plane" and then "loadout". Make your changes and save. If you don't want to fly online just exit the server and those changes you've made will apply the next time you fly that aircraft, off line.

Hi Wulf,
Only have adsl and a 2Gb limit, so haven't tried online, but I see what you're talking about, will try that way and see how I go.
The mission I was playing with, I never changed any weapons, loadouts, ETC just left everything at default, so that's probably where I'm going wrong.

Thanks for your help.

TWC_SLAG
May-08-2013, 22:56

Wolf,

Thanks a lot for this explanation. I've been flying for 600 hours, now, and this the first time I have seen this trick. I'll be trying this tomorrow night.

Binky9