PDA

View Full Version : Help! its all gone wrong

rhinomonkey
May-08-2013, 16:36
Ive installed the mod and its been running fine for a few weeks but when i started it up today all my settings have changed, my hotas wont work. every mission i try will start me in the air instead of the ground and it gives me an odd message saying i will fly for the red team? What have i done wrong?

III./ZG76_Keller
May-08-2013, 16:40
Have you disabled Steam Cloud or played the game in offline mode?

rhinomonkey
May-08-2013, 17:06
Have you disabled Steam Cloud or played the game in offline mode?

I have just started it up as normal so i don't think ive disabled steam cloud. I did get a message saying steam cannot verify files

Dutch
May-08-2013, 19:49
What have i done wrong?

No idea mate. Maybe a system restore? Computers. Love em or hate em, the're a pain in the arse.

rhinomonkey
May-09-2013, 15:17
No idea mate. Maybe a system restore? Computers. Love em or hate em, the're a pain in the arse.

What windows restore? not sure how to do that? or do you mean re-instal COD?

III./ZG76_Saipan
May-09-2013, 15:31
I think he means an windows update occurred that messed up. just restore your system to a point that everything worked ok. type system restore in your file program search.

I would just reverify the game

louisv
May-09-2013, 17:49
I think you have to disable steam cloud updating because it will try to overwrite the patch or part of it.

Re-installing the original and re-applying the patch seems to be the correct route.

But don't forget to disable steam cloud updating (not steam updating, that is just the steam program update).

rhinomonkey
May-09-2013, 18:48
I think you have to disable steam cloud updating because it will try to overwrite the patch or part of it.

Re-installing the original and re-applying the patch seems to be the correct route.

But don't forget to disable steam cloud updating (not steam updating, that is just the steam program update).

Thanks for the tips! i'm re-installing now. I will switch off steam cloud. Do you know if it can by switched of by application or will it effect all the steam games i have?

thanks

III./ZG76_Keller
May-09-2013, 19:13
You can turn off Steam Cloud for games individually, but be sure to save your control settings with a file name other than confuser.ini before you disable Steam Cloud.

nacy
May-09-2013, 19:33
Ive installed the mod and its been running fine for a few weeks but when i started it up today all my settings have changed, my hotas wont work. every mission i try will start me in the air instead of the ground and it gives me an odd message saying i will fly for the red team? What have i done wrong?

rhinomonkey
May-10-2013, 16:01
You can turn off Steam Cloud for games individually, but be sure to save your control settings with a file name other than confuser.ini before you disable Steam Cloud.

OK i've re installed and it works but i've had to re map my controllers. no bad thing really. I've still got a sort of box at the top left of the screen with odd messages and the time in it any ideas how i get rid of that?

Thanks all for the help so far

56RAF_klem
May-12-2013, 06:01
OK i've re installed and it works but i've had to re map my controllers. no bad thing really. I've still got a sort of box at the top left of the screen with odd messages and the time in it any ideas how i get rid of that?

Thanks all for the help so far

First, back up your controls! Go into Options... Controllers and use the Save As... button in bottom right hand corner. It will open a Windows file dialogue where you select the folder to keep your file. I suggest you make it your /My Documents/1C Soft Club/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/ folder (which CoD may offer you anyway) and name it rhinomonkey_controls.ini (or something like that). Then if the controls get 'lost' again you can use the Load button to re-load them from the saved file.

If the messages screen is an in-flight screen its probably the chat box or one of a number of other boxes that CoD can provide. Think before you remove it because you may need it for in-game messages. If you really don't want it, left click in it to open it, then hold down left Alt key while you right mouse-click in it and you should see a list including "Close info window and chat" (or "Close xxxx window ...). Left click on that and it will remove it. But think first! I actually have a Secondary Controls window that tells me about engine/system failures and compass/gunsight settings, a controls mimic that shows the position of some controls like pitch and throttle, one that passes radar/controller messages and the one you are probably looking at for info and Chat (talk to other players). So you may have more windows that you haven't seen yet because they are only visible when messages arrive and the window fades after a preset time, or opens when you hit Chat ( usually the top left ` key). Again, think carefully before you close these. You can move them around if you want.

One other tip: When you have it running the way you want it go to the 1C Soft Club/il-2 folder I mentioned above and back up the following files in case of disaster:
conf.ini (general game settings)
confs.ini (settings for when you run a server)
confUser.ini (keys settings, controls settings and the Chat windows settings like position, size etc)
user.ini (default and customised weapons settings, your selected aircraft regiments, etc)

All these auto-update after you exit the game so any in-game changes will be saved.

Again if it goes belly up you can copy these back from the backup files.

rhinomonkey
May-12-2013, 16:52
First, back up your controls! Go into Options... Controllers and use the Save As... button in bottom right hand corner. It will open a Windows file dialogue where you select the folder to keep your file. I suggest you make it your /My Documents/1C Soft Club/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/ folder (which CoD may offer you anyway) and name it rhinomonkey_controls.ini (or something like that). Then if the controls get 'lost' again you can use the Load button to re-load them from the saved file.

If the messages screen is an in-flight screen its probably the chat box or one of a number of other boxes that CoD can provide. Think before you remove it because you may need it for in-game messages. If you really don't want it, left click in it to open it, then hold down left Alt key while you right mouse-click in it and you should see a list including "Close info window and chat" (or "Close xxxx window ...). Left click on that and it will remove it. But think first! I actually have a Secondary Controls window that tells me about engine/system failures and compass/gunsight settings, a controls mimic that shows the position of some controls like pitch and throttle, one that passes radar/controller messages and the one you are probably looking at for info and Chat (talk to other players). So you may have more windows that you haven't seen yet because they are only visible when messages arrive and the window fades after a preset time, or opens when you hit Chat ( usually the top left ` key). Again, think carefully before you close these. You can move them around if you want.

One other tip: When you have it running the way you want it go to the 1C Soft Club/il-2 folder I mentioned above and back up the following files in case of disaster:
conf.ini (general game settings)
confs.ini (settings for when you run a server)
confUser.ini (keys settings, controls settings and the Chat windows settings like position, size etc)
user.ini (default and customised weapons settings, your selected aircraft regiments, etc)

All these auto-update after you exit the game so any in-game changes will be saved.

Again if it goes belly up you can copy these back from the backup files.

Excellent info! thanks so much. Im not too interested in chat windows as i'm 100% single player at the mo. but i am interested in the systems info window. Is there any info on how to configure these anywhere?

56RAF_klem
May-12-2013, 18:16
Excellent info! thanks so much. Im not too interested in chat windows as i'm 100% single player at the mo. but i am interested in the systems info window. Is there any info on how to configure these anywhere?

The systems window I mentioned is actually called 'Secondary Controls' and when you change gunsight range, rasie/lower flaps. gear etc it tells you in that window so if you see that, that's the window I meant. Actually I'm fairly sure all the windows I mentioned are there as standard, so how to find them?.........

First you could try left clicking around the corners of your screen to see what info boxes come up. Another way to see what you have is.....

Open your confUser.ini in Notepad and go to the bottom. See if you have as [ChatWindow] section. If you have it will list the info windows you have. There may be several lines for one info window and for each window the lines will start with the same number (0:-, 1:-, 2:-, etc). In each set there's a window title like "Motor Controls". My info windows settings are below and for me Motor Controls are the lines beginning with 0:- whilst Secondary Controls lines begin with 1:-
You don't have to set or create them here but this will tell you if you have those info windows to look for. See the numbers for Secondary Controls like '0.000 0.832 0.169 0.168'? Well that window has its top left corner 0.000 (or 0.0%) of the screen width from the left. i.e. fully to the left hand side, and 0.83 (or 83%) screen height down from the top. It is 0.169 (16.9%) wide and 0.168 (16.8%) high, so these gives you some idea of where to click.

[ChatWindow]
0:-1=-posSize '0.166 0.870 0.043 0.130' -titleStr "Motor Controls" -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -wrap -history 100
0:262144=-lay 1 -fnt 0 -clr 0
1:-1=-posSize '0.000 0.832 0.169 0.168' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 5 -timeout 20
1:7=-font 1
1:6=-font 0
1:4=-font 1
1:5=-font 1
2:-1=-posSize '0.770 0.001 0.227 0.201' -titleStr "Info Window" -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 100
2:2=-font 0
3:-1=-posSize '0.783 0.761 0.216 0.239' -titleStr "Info and Chat" -border -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 100 -timeout 40
3:3=-font 3
3:131072=0
3:1=-font 1
4:-1=-posSize '0.258 0.000 0.471 1.000' -titleStr "Player Stats" -title -border -alpha 100 -ualpha 0 -custom
4:-2=-font 3 -color 0 -columnWidth '0.079 0.328 0.361 0.080 0.079 0.072' -columnSort 1

You can create new info windows by right clicking on the screen and selecting New info window (or words to that effect) but you need to experiment with the selections to find what they do, I can't find it in the manual.

Another way, if you want some of the windows I have (and if you don't already have them) is to copy mine into your confUser.ini the file and delete the ones you don't want. In-game you can then find them and move them about as you like. Personally I find I need all of them.

Wulf
Sep-20-2013, 21:18
In the last few days I've been experiencing repeated crashes to desktop while playing online. In the absence of any factual information as to what I should do about the problem I simply decided to to 'verify' my Steam files and see what happened. Of course, before I find out if that actually helped, I'll firstly have to re-install the 2 TF patches (I've already cleared the cache file in my I C SoftClub folder).

Now, I'm sure I've seen some reference information somewhere on the site that's intended for new guys who want to patch-up but I haven't been able to locate it. I assume I'll be able to find a copy of the two patches with this info.

Does anyone who's a little more clued-up than me (I suspect that will be most people) know where this info is stored? If you do, could you please provide me with a link.

Thanks in advance.

Wulf
Sep-21-2013, 17:19
Well, not exactly the response I was hoping for but never mind, I think I've managed to worked it out.:joystick:

ATAG_JTDawg
Sep-21-2013, 18:06
Well, not exactly the response I was hoping for but never mind, I think I've managed to worked it out.:joystick:

Sorry m8 here it is http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Wulf
Sep-21-2013, 18:17
Sorry m8 here it is http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Thanks for that. Cheers