PDA

View Full Version : What's the best setting in SweetFX for just AA as I like the new colours ;)

Mysticpuma
May-09-2013, 10:52
That's about it really. I currently like the new colours in the first patch by Team Fusion but hate the jaggies that are still visible. When using SweetFX before the new colours update it was perfect but now the colours seem too subdued.

Can anyone tell me how to set up SwettFX so it keeps all the settings that improve the AA but leave the colours untouched?

Cheers, MP

Muffin
May-10-2013, 02:34
Im not sure, I use InjectFX, I did used to use sweetfx, I just messed about with the settings text file :)

SG1_sandokito
May-10-2013, 05:27
If you use nvidia grafic car, you can turn on fxaa using control panel. This oprion is very good, if you like a colours of the game. I use fxaa injector whit one colours profile.
I now at worck when I arrive to my house I pot 2 photo.

ATAG_Septic
May-10-2013, 11:14
That's about it really. I currently like the new colours in the first patch by Team Fusion but hate the jaggies that are still visible. When using SweetFX before the new colours update it was perfect but now the colours seem too subdued.

Can anyone tell me how to set up SwettFX so it keeps all the settings that improve the AA but leave the colours untouched?

Cheers, MP

Hi MP,

You can usually turn off individual SweetFX effects in a config file, which you should find in your Cliffs directory. This one is typical and would only provide the AA;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Comment to deactivate an effect.
// Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
//#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
//#define USE_BLOOM *NOT WORKING
//#define USE_TECHNICOLOR
//#define USE_TONEMAP
//#define USE_SEPIA
//#define USE_VIGNETTE
//#define USE_POST_SHARPEN
//#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

Turning on FXAA in Nvidia drivers seems to acheive a good effect for me though and it seems less likely to cause compatibility problems with other hooks such as TS and MSI.

Cheers,

Septic.

Alice
May-10-2013, 12:04
FlightFX (http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34103) has checkboxes for all the settings, and sliders to adjust the config. You can also have multiple profiles and presets. I did read you can ALT-TAB, make adjustments, and then ALT-TAB back in to the game to see the effects, but that just crashes me. Les Neutrals 6, and Lowe's preset, were the places I started. I use only the AA part since the TF colour adjustments, and my spotting has not suffered that I noticed. Disclosure: My spotting has never been that great :doh:.

FXAA definitely has less compatibility problems than SweetFX. Overlays and injectors don't always play nice, but between the two I prefer the look of SweetFX (that's me, though).

SnakeBT6
May-27-2013, 20:19
Hi guys,

Just downloaded Sweet Fx and Im curious as to where I put the files? Do they go in common/COD folder?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

SnakeBT6
May-29-2013, 20:33
Got it, found another thread with a link for a d/l with preset settings.

Looks great.

Would like to tighten up the AA a bit even with SFX but its much better then in the stock game.

Pat

SnakeBT6
May-29-2013, 20:36
Got it, found another thread with a link for a d/l with preset settings and how/where to install.

Looks great.